Gran Turismo Sport - 2020 Racing

It was really good fun to be honest , even though I only know you all from here it feels great to race someone you have even a slight connection with instead of some random that wants to use you as a brake 🤣🤣🤣

Oh I'll have the leaderboards up tomorrow as well as a video of the first race - trialling a few things with my Elgato and camera setup so you'll get to see me working wonders with my DS4.

I think you should do a video of the 2nd race instead...was much better ;) :D

Week 2 Results

Week 2.png

Last edited:

first time I’ve used share factory , if anyone can explain what happened at the start I would be grateful 🤣🤣🤣

That's when we attempted the reverse grid but some of the guys at the front shot off and us at the back were left behind :D

@Soundmangt4 - in @paulyoung666's video at 7:15 you'll see the ghosting I was referring to, it kept ghosting you for the corners which is what threw me off and resulted in the nudge at 7:45 🙁

Not perfect but if you look there was some really good hard racing , its the first time I’ve posted a race replay , I shall save next weeks and run them through share factory if that doesn’t step on your toes 👍

That's when we attempted the reverse grid but some of the guys at the front shot off and us at the back were left behind :D

@Soundmangt4 - in @paulyoung666's video at 7:15 you'll see the ghosting I was referring to, it kept ghosting you for the corners which is what threw me off and resulted in the nudge at 7:45 🙁

And I did a 720 🤣🤣🤣

For those interested, here is my YouTube video of the Main Event last night 🙂

I'd like to point out that I actually beat your qualifying time on my last lap but got a time penalty. I was happy with 2nd, especially considering you were on super soft tyres and I was on mediums! :cool:
Looking forward to next week!

Yes, I'm looking forward to it too, I've had 2 unspectacular weeks so far! :laugh:

What was the fastest lap, anyone know? Think I did a 1:28.9 on the 2nd race.

OT again, but a curious one for you Fanatec peeps.
As you may know I have a Playseat Evo bolted to a mobile plywood deck on castors with a Fanatec CSL bolted on to all of that. Works well enough for me.

I've been getting in to PC2 lately and it has this horrid bug that when the controller disconnects you have to quit the game at the dashboard and restart - about 3 mins of downtime and potentially a lost game.

Thus an old curiosity of my wheel disconnecting from my PS4 when I stand up is more of a problem :) In PC2 I have to stay seated through practice, qualification and the race otherwise my wheel disconnects and I have to quit and start the whole thing again.

100% repeatable. I can play for hours no problem but the second I get off my seat and place my feat on the floor a disconnect. Curiously if I stand up but stay on the platform (the plywood) I do not disconnect. (see photo there is room either side of seat to stand up without getting off the platform).

Any engineers/smart pants our there that can point me to this?

I have tried multiple drivers, multiple USB leads, multiple power sockets - but it remains 100% repeatable, if I get off the platform it disconnects and I have to hit the wheels PS button to reconnect to the PS4 (whether it on the dashboard or in PC2 or any other game).
At least with GTS the game doesn't hang completely on a disconnect.

As I said its very OT - but I wondered if anyone else had seen/heard of such.

To be clear I have never had a disconnect whilst just sat in the seat using the wheel, and if I stand on the floor and just reconnect then it happily stays connected for hours without me in the seat. If I get in from such a position it stays connected. Its only if I get off the platform :)

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 51
FWIW I used to have random disconnects with my T150 and PS4. I blamed it on the game/wheel for quite some time until I used the same USB extension to charge a controller and it cut out when I put the controller down.
It was just a faulty connection on that lead in the plug
I appreciate you've tried different leads but if it happens when you stand up it must be a physical connection issue?

FWIW I used to have random disconnects with my T150 and PS4. I blamed it on the game/wheel for quite some time until I used the same USB extension to charge a controller and it cut out when I put the controller down.
It was just a faulty connection on that lead in the plug
I appreciate you've tried different leads but if it happens when you stand up it must be a physical connection issue?

Or the port at one end is slightly loose. I’ve had that with HDMI ports before and a wiggle can cause a disconnect.

:) Its a nice little 'what done it'. I've tried different USB lead (its one of the old printer type ones), different socket on the PS4. I've wigged all leads at both ends when its connected and no disconnects.
I'm going to loosen the bolts between the seat and the decking a little to see if the pressure is somehow affecting it all. I even thought it might be some sort of interference from the springs to the PS4 but moved it as far back as it can go and still happening.

What happens if you jump up and down on the platform? Also, does it do the same thing if you wear a gimp suit or are naked?

What happens if you jump up and down on the platform? Also, does it do the same thing if you wear a gimp suit or are naked?

I've tried 2 out of 3 of those with gimp night on a strict every second Tuesday schedule.

If I jump directly on the platform - off and on to my pogo content = no problem
If I stand up from the seat on to the platform and then get off = no problem
If I put my feet straight on to the floor and push my butt out the chair that way then we have a problem.

I'm beginning to think its almost sound related (the springs in the seat but that sounds crazy doesn't it) or perhaps some static thing from the springs being released and sending a 'current' through the chair to the wheel etc etc.
I even thought it might be some form or static off me and tried it barefoot (your second idea) and same results.

I tried to put speaker wire from the springs on the underside of the seat to the metal frame of the 'rig' as I obviously have no idea on 'earthing' or electrics and just fancied wasting some wire. = same result.

Little mystery to tide me over until I fight for top 10 on Thursdays race :)

OT again, but a curious one for you Fanatec peeps.
As you may know I have a Playseat Evo bolted to a mobile plywood deck on castors with a Fanatec CSL bolted on to all of that. Works well enough for me.

I've been getting in to PC2 lately and it has this horrid bug that when the controller disconnects you have to quit the game at the dashboard and restart - about 3 mins of downtime and potentially a lost game.

Thus an old curiosity of my wheel disconnecting from my PS4 when I stand up is more of a problem :) In PC2 I have to stay seated through practice, qualification and the race otherwise my wheel disconnects and I have to quit and start the whole thing again.

100% repeatable. I can play for hours no problem but the second I get off my seat and place my feat on the floor a disconnect. Curiously if I stand up but stay on the platform (the plywood) I do not disconnect. (see photo there is room either side of seat to stand up without getting off the platform).

Any engineers/smart pants our there that can point me to this?

I have tried multiple drivers, multiple USB leads, multiple power sockets - but it remains 100% repeatable, if I get off the platform it disconnects and I have to hit the wheels PS button to reconnect to the PS4 (whether it on the dashboard or in PC2 or any other game).
At least with GTS the game doesn't hang completely on a disconnect.

As I said its very OT - but I wondered if anyone else had seen/heard of such.

To be clear I have never had a disconnect whilst just sat in the seat using the wheel, and if I stand on the floor and just reconnect then it happily stays connected for hours without me in the seat. If I get in from such a position it stays connected. Its only if I get off the platform :)

Haha no stone left unturned in your rig, you even put carpet on the platform genius. 🤭

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom