Gran Turismo Sport

Since you got it ? I believe logitech use a gear driven belt which is always a bit more "rattly".

Since you got it ? I believe logitech use a gear driven belt which is always a bit more "rattly".

its pure gear driven not hybrid , so the rattle is normal , but I don’t get how the rattle has gone , the wheel has gone tight (heavy) to turn but works fine and I like the weighty feel anyway , but I can’t adjust anything in settings , previously when trying to set it up , if the wheel was set to 1 a flea could have turned it , set to 10 and it was ridiculously heavy , not anymore , the only thing I can think that’s affected it is playing Dirt 4 as well , but I believe the g29 is dumb so settings don’t transfer , help !!!!!!!

its pure gear driven not hybrid , so the rattle is normal , but I don’t get how the rattle has gone , the wheel has gone tight (heavy) to turn but works fine and I like the weighty feel anyway , but I can’t adjust anything in settings , previously when trying to set it up , if the wheel was set to 1 a flea could have turned it , set to 10 and it was ridiculously heavy , not anymore , the only thing I can think that’s affected it is playing Dirt 4 as well , but I believe the g29 is dumb so settings don’t transfer , help !!!!!!!

Make sure you have the wheel plugged in and switched on before starting your PS4 - can sometimes have issues if you turn the wheel on after booting up

Make sure you have the wheel plugged in and switched on before starting your PS4 - can sometimes have issues if you turn the wheel on after booting up

interesting , I turned off and left it plugged in last night so I will see if it is the same :thumbsup:

I forget what I got upto , but I know one thing , its a hell of a lot easier to lose DR than gain it !!!!!!!
Yeh you seem to able to lose DR with a few bad races but it takes ages and lots of good performances to build it back up. Seems very biased.

I've always had terrible DR :( but decent SR :). So technically I should be driving with polite, slow drivers.
In practice I don't find the matching particularly efficient and I'm sometimes matched with double AA and sometimes a right old mixture.
I don't find drivers with higher DR to be any less bargy than some with lower ratings.

1588676462301.png

As Kudosprime shows - 3 strong days in a race I really enjoyed and qualified well for got me into the middle of C. Then a couple of weeks of mediocre mid placings and two evenings jumping straight in and ending up in the lower half of the results (and in the bargefests) and I'm back at the bottom with the noobs.
As you might note - the last 3 days I've raced online I decided to give as good as I get when the pushing starts. My DR is climbing despite a less than stellar SR mark.

TLDR - DR is hard to gain, easy to lose. SR is no predictor of racing manners. YMMV :)

What camera view do people use ? I find I'm hitting apexs more consistently with bumper cam. But due to my seating position I can't see the radar. With bonnet cam radar is on the side of the screen so better but little less consistent.

So racing in DR B and SR S (top SR) the racing is atrocious. People punting you off, ramming, it’s like being in the bottom eating lobbies! Absolute joke.
This is Daily B I’m doing but it’s undriveable like this.

So oddly I was SR of 99 in that first race and got punted off and got a penalty and then lost 20 ST points to end in SR A!! How does that work out?
Funnily the next two races in SR A were a lot cleaner but no idea why my SR got destroyed by someone hitting me off the track.

Such a broken game and unfortunately they aren’t going to do much about it now.

So oddly I was SR of 99 in that first race and got punted off and got a penalty and then lost 20 ST points to end in SR A!! How does that work out?
Funnily the next two races in SR A were a lot cleaner but no idea why my SR got destroyed by someone hitting me off the track.

Such a broken game and unfortunately they aren’t going to do much about it now.

I think its got to the point where we will have to accept it and hope GT? is a launch title for PS5 ......

I think its got to the point where we will have to accept it and hope GT? is a launch title for PS5 ......
A GT title at a console launch? I think the lockdown has gone to your head ;)

Wasn’t GTS supposed to be an interim for the full game or have I misremembered because it too so long to come out :p ?

I haven't had my VR set out for a while as we've had a loft extension going on...was finished just a couple of weeks before lockdown :eek:

Anyhow, got it set up tonight and had a spin on GT.... my god, I forgot how epic it is :D

Wasn’t GTS supposed to be an interim for the full game or have I misremembered because it too so long to come out :p ?

Probably 😜 , it would be nice to think it was , I know , I know , mind you , might be the least of our worries the way this year is going 😩😩😩

Maybe not as far fetched as you think, there's been gt demos showing off ray tracing, they could release a bare bones like they did with gt sport and update regularly with new content

Folks, been at GTS for a few weeks in lockdown and I continue to tease myself with thoughts of a seat and wheel. ...

I have seen the reviews on YouTube etc but trust fellow AVF folk more. What’s that verdict if £300 to burn for a seat? PS challenge, evolution or revolution. I would rather buy once and buy right than sell and adjust later but of course everyone has a budget. With this mentality i will likely pair with a csl if Sony confirm ps5 compatible.

Folks, been at GTS for a few weeks in lockdown and I continue to tease myself with thoughts of a seat and wheel. ...

I have seen the reviews on YouTube etc but trust fellow AVF folk more. What’s that verdict if £300 to burn for a seat? PS challenge, evolution or revolution. I would rather buy once and buy right than sell and adjust later but of course everyone has a budget. With this mentality i will likely pair with a csl if Sony confirm ps5 compatible.
If a permenant setup then the playseats are OK, I'd also look at next level racing ones
Or gt omega ones here
If it's something you want to fold away then the playseat challenge is good for the money, or this one

Exactly what @furryhobnob said, he’s covered it all with regards to your best choices :)

FWIW , the playseat challenge is excellent especially if you need to fold away , very well designed , the only complaint I would have is if your a bit on the wide side ( me ) then you might struggle 🤣🤣🤣

I might go Fanatec next year.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom