GRID Autosport

Garyman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Been waiting for a decent "racing sim" for the Switch and i think we have it now.

Anyone bought it yet and whats the verdict?

Gary

I have bought this but with Links Awakening unfortunately this hasn’t had much of a look in! What I have played is fantastic though, great graphics and runs very smooth. Handling of the cars is great as well. All in all I’m looking forward to spending more time with this.

How does the texture pack look with this?

Downloaded last night and whilst I only got a chance to do a few races my first impression is WOW, I think the Switch has its first real contender for a decent Racing Simulator. Only played in handheld mode and left it in the highest graphic setting and from what I've seen so far runs very smoothly (I believe at 30fps). There is an option to choose 60fps which sacrafices some of the graphic texturing etc... Can't wait to get stuck into the career mode as looks like a wealth of content.

How does the texture pack look with this?

It looks very nice. There is a difference between graphics and performance mode, some of the detail is missing in performance mode but tbh it’s not massively noticeable and only apparent in still shots. The texture pack adds a very nice smooth and detailed look to the cars as well as the roads/tarmac.

Codemasters and Feral Interactive have done a fantastic job of this for the switch, much better than many seasoned third party developers for the switch and really put some love and attention to this port. I sincerely hope it’s not the last Codemasters game for the switch.

Also got this and zelda at same time, have to say played this more.
Graphics great and only did a few categories.
Did think I was really good to start but realised the settings start very low so auto breaks are on!
Adjusted now but still loving it. Best racing game I've played on switch so far and only played it in hand held mode!

Really really wanna grab this. Looks terrific

Fantastic game this.. once it gets multiplayer patch it will be the best racer on switch

Hi

Does anyone know if this is a download only game?

Been looking for a physical version of it and cannot find one anywhere.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Finally pulled the trigger on the Hori Split pad pro for £32.77 on amazon- lowests its been

Should make the game more enjoyable without the hand cramp lol
I paid a tenner more than that they're pretty decent!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom