Groov-e Zen Wireless Headphones Review & Comments

No information on audio codecs provided. Probably SBC then which is horrible compression. Yet good quality audio is stated. Such low standards.

Good to see value-for-money alternatives being tested. Not everyone has the need/budget to splash out on audiophile gear.

If you were (in a few months maybe) looking at a long haul flight for a holiday, these are a good buy for cheap noise-cancelling cans.

Would like to see some cheaper in-ear fully wireless stuff being tested. I’ve got a pair of no-brands from Amazon that cost £17 and they’ve been a revelation. Great for the gym and podcasts, not amazing for music but do the job. Build and battery life are superb.

No information on audio codecs provided. Probably SBC then which is horrible compression. Yet good quality audio is stated. Such low standards.

It's good quality for the money. You have to be relative with these.
Good quality on £30 headphones is not the same as good quality on £300 headphones.

I find the reviews of budget gear really interesting.

The thing is this. Anyone looking at, say, a pair of headphones in the £200+ region, are pretty much guaranteed to end up with a pair of nice sounding cans. Of course, quality still varies at any price, but most should sound decent with that sort of budget upwards.

However, it’s more of a minefield with cheaper equipment. I bought my son a pair of cheap Sony headphones about twelve months back, and although they seemed to be generally well received on the Amazon reviews, we found that they were absolutely awful, with a really closed in and dull/muffled sound to them. I’ve heard a few like that over the years, where the budget price has been well and truly reflected with performance.

I personally don’t buy budget stuff for myself, but for the kids I do, with them being more likely to lose or accidentally damage them. As such, I got these reviewed headphones for my boy a couple of days back, and I have to say that they are brilliant when the price is accounted for. They feel well made, are comfortable but most importantly, the sound really does belie what they cost.

We had a similar experience with some budget gaming headsets recently, with some of them being really poor, but ending up with a pair of Mpow ones that are really good, again, price considered.

Keep up the good work, and please do throw more budget reviews in the mix when possible!

I find the reviews of budget gear really interesting.

The thing is this. Anyone looking at, say, a pair of headphones in the £200+ region, are pretty much guaranteed to end up with a pair of nice sounding cans. Of course, quality still varies at any price, but most should sound decent with that sort of budget upwards.

However, it’s more of a minefield with cheaper equipment. I bought my son a pair of cheap Sony headphones about twelve months back, and although they seemed to be generally well received on the Amazon reviews, we found that they were absolutely awful, with a really closed in and dull/muffled sound to them. I’ve heard a few like that over the years, where the budget price has been well and truly reflected with performance.

I personally don’t buy budget stuff for myself, but for the kids I do, with them being more likely to lose or accidentally damage them. As such, I got these reviewed headphones for my boy a couple of days back, and I have to say that they are brilliant when the price is accounted for. They feel well made, are comfortable but most importantly, the sound really does belie what they cost.

We had a similar experience with some budget gaming headsets recently, with some of them being really poor, but ending up with a pair of Mpow ones that are really good, again, price considered.

Keep up the good work, and please do throw more budget reviews in the mix when possible!

Thanks for the comments. I don't turn down anything to review so whether it be a budget item or an expensive item I will still review it. With budget equipment sometimes it clearly is worth just the price and other times such as with this set, they offer a good balance of quality and price.

Bought these based on your review. So thanks for this as there are SO many options for under £50. Pretty impressed so far
Nice & light, decent build quality, sound quality is good, agree about the volume control but on the whole well worth £28.49😁

Oh dear, have you contacted them about this? I have been using mine every day for about 4-5 hours since I bought then in April, no sign of damage & wearing them out in the sun most of the time as well. Will keep an eye on mine now you have mentioned this though.

Oh dear, have you contacted them about this? I have been using mine every day for about 4-5 hours since I bought then in April, no sign of damage & wearing them out in the sun most of the time as well. Will keep an eye on mine now you have mentioned this though.

It just happened this evening and I've emailed them. I got them for my son and they've come apart on the left side the where the earpiece connects to the band. I thought they seemed quite robust too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom