Guess which English speaking movie this still/music is from & Chat Around Guessed Film - New Rules

Garrett

Reaction score
  1. You have to guess correctly the title of the film before you can post the next picture or clip of music of a film yourself, unless the correct guesser says if I’'m correct can someone please take my go.
    Wait for the poster of the new film picture to say your right and not think your right and post a new one.

2 Please check frequently to see if someone has guessed correctly or you guessed right to be ready to post a new picture for members. Preferably at least every 4 hours or more during the day
    If after a period its not been guessed please add a clue or a new picture from the film.
    Also if you have an inclining that your not going to be able to get online to check frequently pass to it out to a free go, it will be more than apreciated.

4 Please don’t be pedantic about the exact title if there near e.g. if the picture is The Hunger Games and someone says The Hungry Games its obvious they knew the film but screwed up. Whereas if the films Friday the 13th part 9 and they say Part 2 its clear they know what the series is but definitely not the film.

5 This is up to the discretion of the teaser poster but if someone can describe the film from the clip but cant remember the name its up to the poster if there kind enough to let them have it, and I don't mean its a cowboy and someone gets shot

6 Don t forget directly linking pictures from other peoples sites without there permission is against the forum rules.

7 if using music clips please only music composed for that film, not films that use music from other films e.g. Across 110 St would have to be used for that film not Jackie Brown. As music clips
are sort of a one shot and people may not guess it please back up with picture clips after the first music first post.

EDIT
Added chat around the guessed film as we are bringing films to attention we don't usually chat about in other threads.

Old thread here.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
As usual as I won the last one before starting a new thread and closing the old thread Im opening this with a music clip from the theme of a film. (PS not meaning I won all or most, think Mr Lime has that honour).
Here a big favourite of mine. click >PLAY

Ill give you a clue the composer of the music went on to well I wont say better as this is probably my favourite of them, but went on to bigger themes.

From the same film.
Star Wars.jpg

That's the TV movie version of Jane Eyre, with George C Scott and Susannah York.

Last edited:
That's the TV movie version of Jane Eyre, with George C Scott and Susanah York.
:smashin:
Well your right with Jane Eyre and George C Scott and Susanah York.

Even though the aspect ratio is 1.33 and classed as a TV movie on IMBD it was premièred in the cinemas in the UK and such a cast and such I will always think of a film film.
Score by John Williams, yes the Star Wars one.

An other clue please.

Another clue...

Q1a.png

Wild guess Waxwork 1 or 2

I'll say The Gorgon. Haven't actually seen it, but the guy in the pic looks like Patrick Troughton.

I'll say The Gorgon. Haven't actually seen it, but the guy in the pic looks like Patrick Troughton.
I wouldn't say so as The Gorgon was a period film, but made me think of British films now when I was thinking of American 60, and 70s with the woolly jumper and the bold check sports jacket/coat although my initial thoughts were one of the Wishmaster series.

Nope and nope and nope.

Runestone?

You got me wondering I seem to think I know the lady in red but cant place here.
I was going to have a guess at The Runestone but the heroine in that was Joan Severance and was a brunet.
BTW just looked at The Runestone and that's 1.37:1 yet is not classed as a TV movie.

It's not Runestone. Another clue...

q10.jpg

nailed it The Norliss Tapes, just looking back at that small pic and got it.

Thought I knew the lady in red she was in The Eiger Sanction which was on last night but missed it as I was recording 2 other programs at the same time. And was right with the period this being made in 73.

Starting off with an other clue this is definitely a film film. I wonder if the villain in this film really was a villain.
Music clue to start with. click>here<.

If you listen to the music you will know the setting of this music played over the titles, the music cuts into a welcome.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom