Guide to getting Pronto Hex Codes into Your Harmony Remote

you could always try it and let us know how you get on ;)

That is true, though I don't want to mess up the MyHarmony software. I don't know if these can be installed together. The website for this software tells me that my current version is being replaced. Not sure what that means.

I know this is an old post but hoping someone's still watching. I am trying to do this and when I input the hex code in the terminal window it keeps telling me bad pronto hex format, try again.
Then below that it says "Error, problemreceiving IR signal"
Any ideas? I've tried two different codes, and they are numbers and letters in groups of four characters with a space in between each four. Is that correct? I am using a Harmony One and my computer is windows 7. Thanks!

I guess the PC uses bluetooth or RF, but Harmony One can only send commands by IR. In that situation I was advised that a FLIRC USB Dongle could be programmed to do the job. If the PC can respond to IR then you could teach Harmony One the IR signals which work

Hi all!
Could someone re-upload the file " Hex to Harmony Rev2.zip" to something like dropbox?
Trying to get some unlock codes into my Harmony One.
Thanks

Sadly something didn't work. Perhaps due to trying this on Windows 10. Output when running cmd.bat:

C:\Users\Patrik\Downloads\Hex to Harmony Rev2\Hex to Harmony Rev2>cmd.bat
C:\Users\Patrik\Downloads\Hex to Harmony Rev2\Hex to Harmony Rev2>concordance.exe -l LearnIr.EZTut
Concordance 0.21
Copyright 2007 Kevin Timmerman and Phil Dibowitz
This software is distributed under the GPLv3.

file name=LearnIr.EZTut
Marke1
Requesting Identity: ERROR: failed to requesting identity
Failed with error 1

Oh, well.. Thanks for uploading the tool anyway!

Greetings all - I had the same problem, I had IR codes that I needed to get into Harmony and didn't have a remote with those codes. I found all the harmony links that worked back in 2010'ish to be dead ends.

BUT I WAS ABLE TO MAKE IT WORK with this hardware:

- Purchased the iTach flex wifi to IR system ($100). It worked great for controlling devices, but the 3-in-1 cable didn't work training Harmony. Drat! I picked up a learning remote, and it didn't seem powerful enough to make that work either.
- Purchased the iTach flex 3-port splitter.
- Purchased this 3 party blaster: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039BYJ4A. It worked in either port1 or port2, don't try it in port3 in blaster mode, it won't work.
- I did not try the flex IR blaster, that may also work fine in port3 mode.
- Note that iTach flex Wifi setup is a bit tricky - I had to use my wife's iPhone to make it work. My Android phone/tablet and win10 laptop couldn't make that wifi mode work properly.

Using their software:
- Use iLearn, enter your codes in Edit view, in whatever format you wish. They have iConvert to convert to/from hex codes.
- Put your remote or Harmony into learning mode. Hold the IR blaster very close to the new remote. Have iLearn do Send IR.
- This approach worked for me for training a learning remote, harmony hub, and the harmony ultimate remote. My first attempt with all 3 worked!

As for why? Many devices allow more codes than show up on their remotes, these are often shared on the Web. For myself, I needed my Yamaha 2nd amp (in IR2 mode) to have discrete power on and power off abilities in harmony. Otherwise Harmony would just cycle power, and would often get it wrong. Now I can Amazon Alexa and iTach in some situations and Harmony for my wife, and they play together nicely.

FYI, a few things that did not work:
- In all of these cases, the actual devices (receivers, A/V equipment) worked when signaled directly. What did not work is using iTach to try and train another device so it could control it later by itself. For me, this includes learning remotes, harmony hub, and harmony ultimate remote.
- Don't use the 3-in-1 iTach splitter cable. The connector 1,2 visible emitters don't seem powerful enough. The connector 3 blaster is seen, but the codes are not recognized.
- What also does not work: trying the X10 powermid IR extender or BAFX IR repeater or BAFX IR extender to boost the signal.
- Also didn't work: using the blaster above in a port on the BAFX IR repeater or in the remote out on my A/V equipment. My guess is that the blaster uses too much power, and that only the iTach unit is supplying enough to make it work properly.
- Also didn't work: using the Harmony blaster with a 2.5" to 3.5" converter. That didn't work with anything I tried.

Hope this helps others!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi all!
Could someone re-upload the file " Hex to Harmony Rev2.zip" to something like dropbox?
Trying to get some unlock codes into my Harmony 880.
Thanks

I follow the procedure but the webpage does not back to the learn page . Not like this "[*]The webpage should now change back to the learn page showing your new command at the bottom."
My remote is Harmony880

Hi Stuart,
I just brought an old
Blu Ray: Pioneer BDP-LX91
Remote: Logitech Harmony 880
I read all your posts
"Harmony MR DVD Hack for Sony/Pioneer/Panasonic Blu-ray Players" but the threads are all closed.
Also I follow the procedures. It seems the Harmony webpages are changes.
I" have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given. " can you share the hack code ?
My account is cj286 & password is 123 or your can share your account to me
Thanks

The actual underlying code used for the Hex to Harmony Rev2.zip file is a program called Concordance.

You can get the latest release of Concordance (1.3) here:

https://github.com/jaymzh/concordance/releases

But it doesn't not work. I've opened an issue on the GitHub issue tracker. I don't expect it will get any traction though, the project looks like it has had very little activity in the last 1.5 years. Here's the link to the issue I opened about Concordance 1.3 not working:

https://github.com/jaymzh/concordance/issues/23

You can download a personal build of the fixed version of the Concordance Windows version 1.3 installer, called Concordance 1.3a, here.

https://www.techie.net/~talbert/concordance-1.3a-installer.exe

I've tried it and it works. However, there is one major problem. There is no learning from Pronto Hex Code support in 1.3a. I see some activities from many years back from Andreas Schulz working on patches for Concordance to support it. You can see that activity here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/concordance/mailman/search/?q=pronto+hex

But I guess those features never got merged into the main code, and the build from the Hex to Harmony Rev2.zip file is not an official release and I'm not sure who was the person originally responsible for building and releasing that fork. I've posted an issue on the GitHub tracker here:

https://github.com/jaymzh/concordance/issues/24

Again, the project seems very quiet. I'm not sure if it will ever be addressed.

In the meantime, the only way you'll get "extended" IR codes into the Harmony Database for now is to contact support, or cobble together some solution that can transmit Pronto Hex codes as IR so the Harmony can learn it. I've ordered a USB IR Toy for $20 + $5 S&H:

http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/USB_IR_Toy_v2

I will give it a try along with the IrScrutinizer software:

http://www.harctoolbox.org/IrScrutinizer.html

Last edited:
Anyone have luck getting the panasonic region free codes working with myharmony software on the newer harmony remotes? cheers

NVM. Caved and bought the one off ebay. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could once again make a link to download the Harmony Rev2.zip file. I have tried the links here and none of them are working right now.
Thank you

Thanks andyman2, I had gone through most of the forum links previously without finding one that worked. I turns out I didn't try the last link Stuart put in.

Is there any way to do this still? The linked logitech website now says "Software Update Available" and leads to a 404 page not found error.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom