Gz950 oled green power light

Markfrs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi my gz950 oled is link up with a Sony av amp and it turns on and off at the same time! And it's been perfect now this morning I noticed the green power light is on on the TV! Bits it's been off all night it seems to be turning off but instead of the power light turning to orange it stays on green any ideas
Thanks
Mark

Panasonic say that it could be an update or were it's linked to another device and it is linked to an av amp

The LED should be orange or red when the TV is in standby, depending on the network settings you've selected.

I was wondering if your amp was somehow causing the TV to come on but, in my case at least, turning the AVR on and off has no effect on the TV so Viera Link clearly doesn't work that way round.

I would see if it does the same when Viera Link is turned off (in the TV options) and also when the amp is disconnected. If not, then I guess you'll know that the issue lies with the amp and/or the Viera Link connection and not the TV.

If it does the same, then do the usual trouble-shooting steps - latest firmware / factory reset.

Do you use a Harmony or similar programmable 3rd party remote ? These have been known to put the TV into a different kind of standby mode, where the pixel refresh / maintenance cycle doesn't run as it should. I've not read about an associated change in standby LED colour though.

I would ask in the GZ Owner's thread.

That's the thing the TV is definitely turned off but green light stays on it works perfectly but has that strange problem I'll try a factory reset later

Yes, you definitely want to get to the bottom of this - mainly because it's important to know if and when the refresh / maintenance cycles are running.

Well did a factory reset and the there no light at all when turned off now! Then after 20 mins it's back to the same again stays green when TV is off done another factory reset and it's still exactly the same

Well now when u turn it off no light whatsoever! Had this TV just 3 months

Out of interest, go to Menu - Setup - Other Settings - Power LED Indicator

What option do you have selected ?

OK - in which case it should be green when on and either orange or red when in standby, depending on other (network) settings and whether the maintenance cycles are running.

Did you do what I suggested and disconnect all equipment currently connected to the TV ? You need to do this in order to rule out any connected equipment as the cause.

If the problem is still there after a factory reset and with all external equipment disconnected, then it must be a fault.

Tough call - it's such a tiny fault to return a TV for but, on the other hand, it's important to know if and when the maintenance cycles are running so that you don't disturb them. It is possible to find out how many cycles have run via the status menu, but that won't help you avoid unintentionally stopping them if you don't know they're running.

Update so they took my TV away on Tuesday even though they turned up on Monday to pick it up! They booked it in for Tuesday! So I got a call saying they are replacing the main board I got it back today and it's still the same I'm thinking they haven't done anything to it! I tried to call them couldn't get through always the same dkavs horley! After calling Panasonic direct they got dkavs to call me! And basically they don't have a clue what's wrong with it and are gonna call me on Monday! Crap service really not happy they call themselves a Panasonic approved repair dealer!

Well I never got the call Monday! And I can't get through on the phone to them rubbish service from an approved Panasonic dealer

Got hold of them still don't know what it is as they have never seen this fault before

This problem still isn't fixed heard nothing from dkavs and terrible service from panasonic

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom