Half Life: Alyx!!!

Valves Locomotion deep dive.

Done!
Capture.PNG

Well the laser sight solved all my aiming woes. Almost feels a little like cheating but it's probably made the game more enjoyable. And we must remember it is a game.

Just got past Jeff. The elevator was some of the most tense stuff I'd felt in a VR game. The writing, and use of humour, is fantastic. Does a great job of balancing the mood as you deal with some pretty horrific stuff.

Think I'm about two thirds through now. Should finish it this weekend. At the moment I'm feeling quite an appetite to explore further on a second playthrough. The physics is so much fun but the mood and pace of the game doesn't give you much freedom to play around.

I was just looking to buy this game. Checked out ebay and saw a few items like this:

Is that worth considering? Seems like a really good price, but I'm not interested if it's dodgy. If it's a bit clunky then I could live with it.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I keep seeing these sort of adds on eBay for new steam games. They don’t sell you a key, you have to give them your steam details and they add it to your account. Seems a bit scammy to me.

I keep seeing these sort of adds on eBay for new steam games. They don’t sell you a key, you have to give them your steam details and they add it to your account. Seems a bit scammy to me.
dodgy as if you ask me........ steer well clear.

i have no issue with cdkeys but got badly burned with G2A and stolen keys (before i knew better - thanks AV Forums for advertising scumbag companies!!!!!) and buying steam accounts with games on seems shadier still.

Do Valve even sell Steam keys to third parties?

Interesting read of the Alyx development process.

So more custom levels are in progress, and pretty impressive when you consider the tools havnt been released yet.

yeah i was watching a vid this morning about a wolfenstien mod! i have not even unpacked my newley delivered Quest, yet, and the updates/mods are stacking up, my plan was to try the Half life/2 VR mods and then get to this, what a time to get into VR ,,,, its made my mod change from its downward trend after buying Modern Warfare,, great game just the having to connect and re install bullcrap at almost every time i play single player!

yeah i was watching a vid this morning about a wolfenstien mod! i have not even unpacked my newley delivered Quest, .
Where did you manage to get a Quest? Seem out of stock everywhere...
enjoy

Where did you manage to get a Quest? Seem out of stock everywhere...
enjoy

i originally had it pre ordered with scan, pre order date was 28th APR now saying over due 17th apr?

but then oculus store got stock of the rift S, so i hung around the site over a few hours that day and later in the evening the quest poppet up in stock, so ordered and cancelled the scan order, delivered on friday last,

its worth joining ( if not already a member) and watching these 2 threads, which is how i knew the rift s was in stock

Rift s whos getting one? rift s

Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz) quest,

you need to be quick if you do see stock,

Well I found the Gnome.

So, sorry about this - I'm about to ask a question that might have already been asked previously, but I don't want to look through because of spoilers!

I made a start on this yesterday. Got to the bit where you can pull objects towards you and catch them with the gravity glove things. Neat.

However, as soon as I go to catch something when it's coming towards me, my gun pops up - and sometimes shoots - because as I go to close my hand around the controller, my thumb rests on that pad thing that brings the gun up.

Is there a way to avoid this?

For grabbing your thumb should be around the hilt and not on top where the pad is. It is tricky to begin with but once you’ve mastered it it’s has a really satisfying feeling. You brain is probably still locked into Touch controllers.

For grabbing your thumb should be around the hilt and not on top where the pad is. It is tricky to begin with but once you’ve mastered it it’s has a really satisfying feeling. You brain is probably still locked into Touch controllers.
Ah right. Thanks. I think I see. So like this?
IMG_20200423_141035.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom