Hanna Season 2 (Amazon Prime) TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Many thx for the review Cas, i enjoyed s1 but found pacing an issue in many parts. Hopefully from what you have said , it picks up its shirt tails in s2.

thanks Cas

this is next on the list after the very enjoyable warrior nun

Thanks Cas, wondered what this was about as it popped up in suggestions on Prime. Now I know. I'll stick with Bourne.

I really enjoyed season one, I'll definitely be giving this a go.

Thanks for the review Cas.
I enjoyed the movie, loved the first season and so looking forward to watching the second wave of Hanna.
Awesome.

I loved season 1, I can't wait to start season 2!

Cheers Cas, I did enjoy the first season although it was painfully slow at times, good to read that Season 2 is an improvement.

Handy, just last night finished Dark S3 so will get onto this tonight 👌

3 episodes in and can confirm that the pacing is much more on point. Seems like a much more purposeful through line. That god awful annoying camping family from season 1 is a distant memory.

Though the constant gurning of that lead female agent really irritates. Either the actress or the character only has one reaction expression and it’s irksome. Otherwise fairly enjoyable up to episode 3.

Watched them all. One of the best shows of 2020. Loved it.

Finished this last night, really enjoyed it and look forward to S3.

Minor niggles
How many times did Hanna try to rescue Clara only to get caught / betrayed? Once would have been enough, but jeez just get the flip out while you have the chance! Once out of The Meadows it all picked up though and I forgive it :D

8/10 for S2, I miss Joel Kinnamon but no daft camping family (which also featured in the movie to be fair) was a bonus.

Really enjoyed the series. Pacing was much better, as was the acting. The main hurdle I couldn't get over was that it seemed completely unnecessary to have teenage girls doing the missions in the first place. Seemed like a very complicated way to achieve what they could have done with an ordinary military unit, and in fact just caused more problems for them than it solved.

S1 was hugely enjoyable with kinnaman really nailing the part and we were both really looking forward to watching S2....(yes, the camping teenager angst thing was overdone but nothings perfect)
Unfortunately though, S2 was just a meandering mess with massive plot holes that just tainted the overall enjoyment. The 'girls' just didnt seem real or dark enough for me and they slipped into the giggly teenage thing way too easy spoiling many of the episodes. As mentioned above, it was far too complicated for a very simple story line (anonymous emails anyone?) And as for Enos, how many times were they going to capture her!! Her scars and bruises did seem to heal up a bit quickly for the last episode.... ;)
6/10

Season 1 was immense and season 2 was held back too much of The Meadows and how quickly everyone heals on a terminator level.

7/10

Missed Joel K big time, he gave it depth and emotion.....

Picked up towards the end of the series, I actually enjoyed this quite a lot.

Really enjoyed this! The plot was as daft as always (splicing wolf DNA? Really? We'll just gloss over that) but the story telling was excellent!

I am late to the party on this on. Watched 2 episodes and I am struggling. Perhaps this is not etiquette but are there any men in this universe later in the series ?

I am late to the party on this on. Watched 2 episodes and I am struggling. Perhaps this is not etiquette but are there any men in this universe later in the series ?
only as antagonists in the main.

Tried to watch all of this but could not get through so fast forwarded a lot of it. Joel K was sorely missed I think. At best I would have given it a 4, some fight scenes not well done either. I seem to be in a minority however !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom