Bargain Expired Hardware bargain thread

Yep the WD Blue SN 550 range of NVME M.2 drives are all on offer (1tb £85) and some of the Sabrent ones look like a pretty good deal.

Insane memory prices! Should I get another pair to take me up to 32GB? Decisions decisions.

You can actually pay for Expert Installation at a higher price than the product itself. I wonder how many people take them up on that offer?!
I bet there's a good few people ,
most if not all of us here know how easy it is the change the RAM ,
but i know a few people that know nothing about PC building or maintaining or even upgrading them, they only know how to turn on the PC and booked a holiday haha

I'm on the look out for a new job , this could be it !!! lol

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I bet there's a good few people ,
most if not all of us here know how easy it is the change the RAM ,
but i know a few people that know nothing about PC building or maintaining or even upgrading them, they only know how to turn on the PC and booked a holiday haha

I'm on the look out for a new job , this could be it !!! lol

Yeah you are not wrong there. Even people who have used them for years have no idea on the insides, much like a car I guess to the layman vs a mechanic, you drive it, don't fix it.
I gave one of our relatives a bunch of RAM I had (16GB of DDR3 I had in the parts bin) last week. He managed to not push it in the slots right even with a handwritten guide I did for him, specific for his board. And now he has a missing hard disk and a missing CDRW in the BIOS.
I suspect he has knocked out a cable, but I got this video (screenshot below) in return when asking him to check them...

Screenshot_2020-10-27-00-00-08-21.jpg

I have no idea on how to start diagnosing that remotely, and this is his PC he has had for a decade of upgrades by a local "professional" PC shop that has now retired.
I think I counted at least 6 molex to something convertors in the video...
I am still having nightmares about it all TBH

Yeah you are not wrong there. Even people who have used them for years have no idea on the insides, much like a car I guess to the layman vs a mechanic, you drive it, don't fix it.
I gave one of our relatives a bunch of RAM I had (16GB of DDR3 I had in the parts bin) last week. He managed to not push it in the slots right even with a handwritten guide I did for him, specific for his board. And now he has a missing hard disk and a missing CDRW in the BIOS.
I suspect he has knocked out a cable, but I got this video (screenshot below) in return when asking him to check them...

View attachment 1389467

I have no idea on how to start diagnosing that remotely, and this is his PC he has had for a decade of upgrades by a local "professional" PC shop that has now retired.
I think I counted at least 6 molex to something convertors in the video...
I am still having nightmares about it all TBH
Holly Shit - that is bad !!
i think it would be easier to remove everything and do a re-build lol

Last edited:
Good buy on the B550 Tomahawk on eBay, Ebuyer at the moment

Oooooo v tempted to snag that. Will zen 3 drop into that without a bios upgrade? I am coming from intel set up
Edit scratch that eBay price is £21 dearer than everywhere else.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Oooooo v tempted to snag that. Will zen 3 drop into that without a bios upgrade? I am coming from intel set up
Edit scratch that eBay price is £21 dearer than everywhere else.

Will need a bios update for new CPU's, where is it cheaper ?

Will need a bios update for new CPU's, where is it cheaper ?
It's £10 cheaper there than elsewhere if you use the code BUT the price has been hugely inflated by over £21 so it isn't the 20% cheaper that it should be using the.code....... for a genuine £35 saving I would possibly buy the mobo now but for £10, I will wait esp as I won't even be able to put a new CPU in it easily. (Loads of places such as scan selling for £159.99 )

It's £10 cheaper there than elsewhere if you use the code BUT the price has been hugely inflated by over £21 so it isn't the 20% cheaper that it should be using the.code....... for a genuine £35 saving I would possibly buy the mobo now but for £10, I will wait esp as I won't even be able to put a new CPU in it easily. (Loads of places such as scan selling for £159.99 )

So it’s still £15 cheaper and up until recently the price of the board was £180 at all retailers, so its still a better deal.

Old skool 1TB Samsung SSD and Valhalla £95 , ( free delivery through scan and AVF )

Does anyone know how to set up the free Scan delivery? I've had a quick Google but the page on here seems down/unavailable for me.

Does anyone know how to set up the free Scan delivery? I've had a quick Google but the page on here seems down/unavailable for me.
I could be wrong but they no longer offer it. If you originally signed up they are still honouring it however

I could be wrong but they no longer offer it. If you originally signed up they are still honouring it however

Aye I thought that may be the case, looks like I missed it then.

My apologies , i though the Scan free delivery was still open to new members

just had a look and it does look like it's closed now
Post amended above :)

Any bargains on the 6800 XT's? :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom