Harman Kardon & Samsung, is it over?

NorthStar1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I noticed that 100% of Samsung 2020 soundbars lineup are missing Harman Kardon name and logo for the first time in a while.

Does that mean that HK didn’t get involved in developing the 2020 models? Samsung is referring to a team at its California facility to be the one behind the development of the new models!

any clue about what is going on?

I’m not sure what going on, but Samsung still owns Harman Kardon. I can’t imagine it’s anything more than that H&K logo isn’t quite the draw it once was. It still seems weird that they would make any big changes like dropping the H&K logo as the q90r has been a huge hit. For me at least, it’s been one more reason to wait and see how people like the q950t instead of buying it early

I’m not sure what going on, but Samsung still owns Harman Kardon. I can’t imagine it’s anything more than that H&K logo isn’t quite the draw it once was. It still seems weird that they would make any big changes like dropping the H&K logo as the q90r has been a huge hit. For me at least, it’s been one more reason to wait and see how people like the q950t instead of buying it early
I did think about SN11 but the sound is not as immersive as Q90R and its a bit long as well. it would go nicely with my LG C9 for sure.

Think the 2020 Samsung bars have been tuned by Audio Lab instead of H&K.

What i fear about their new T models 2020 is that they're just as shit as their T series tv's for 2020 , they released the Q70T , put it up against the 2019 Q70R model and it looses out, heavily, specially on what kind of hardware they put in the tv, it was a direct downgrade, and they wanted more for it.

What i fear about their new T models 2020 is that they're just as sh*t as their T series tv's for 2020 , they released the Q70T , put it up against the 2019 Q70R model and it looses out, heavily, specially on what kind of hardware they put in the tv, it was a direct downgrade, and they wanted more for it.

The Q70T replaces the Q60R I think. The Q80T replaces the Q70R.

The Q70T replaces the Q60R I think. The Q80T replaces the Q70R.
That would make some more sense then, but very confusing, people usually pit the two equal numbers against eachother, but yea the Q70T is more expensive than the Q70R that stores are still selling out of, and its making them look stupid, but some of them tell their customers flat out that samsung fudgeed up and the 70T can't be compared to the 70R and its a worse tv for more money.

That would make some more sense then, but very confusing, people usually pit the two equal numbers against eachother, but yea the Q70T is more expensive than the Q70R that stores are still selling out of, and its making them look stupid, but some of them tell their customers flat out that samsung fudgeed up and the 70T can't be compared to the 70R and its a worse tv for more money.

I suspect it's a weird marketing ploy! 🤦‍♂️

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom