Question Harmony Elite and Hub opinions

The idea is that everything is done by Activities.
Devices is merely the name of the area where each one is stored.
If you don’t like that then do it your own way.
You’ll miss out on a lot but that’s up to you.
I’m fine with that I’m just trying to understand how it all works 😃

Any questions, just ask!

Any questions, just ask!
Thank you, very kind. I'm going to have a go at some Activities at the weekend so you may regret that offer :D

Can you use the elite as a standard universal remote? I.e. Select avr then have all the buttons the same as the denon remote then switch to sky and have all the sky buttons? As I just got a companion and I've spent a day with it and can't find a way to use it as a standard remote 😩 I can only do activities 👎👎 it's probably just me having a bad day

The idea is that everything is done by Activities.
Devices is merely the name of the area where each one is stored.
If you don’t like that then do it your own way.
You’ll miss out on a lot but that’s up to you.

Can you use the elite as a standard universal remote? I.e. Select avr then have all the buttons the same as the denon remote then switch to sky and have all the sky buttons? As I just got a companion and I've spent a day with it and can't find a way to use it as a standard remote 😩 I can only do activities 👎👎 it's probably just me having a bad day
Once you’re in activities I’m pretty sure you can then go into devices and control each device in the activity. You won’t get all the buttons but I found you get the majority of what I needed - been a while since I had an elite

i think from the videos i've seen that it looks possible, press devices, then select device, use the buttons that have been mapped and the touchscreen for the rest? does that sound about right? activities are great but i need the functions of all the other remotes crammed into one harmony (like they used to be lol) i've ordered an elite now so fingers crossed :facepalm:

Quite.
Of course you do get all the original controls.
If you want all the devices in one activity then place them there.
It's a waste of money not to use activities but it IS up to you.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom