Harmony Hub - control Amp with 1/8" IR input?

sohe68

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an amp that I would like to be able to power toggle in a couple of activities with a Harmony Elite/Hub. The AMP lacks an "IR eye" but uses a mini mono jack IR input and I have the codes from the manufacturer. The amp also has a DC trigger input but my DAC/Preamp lacks the desired output, hence the IR input is my only option apart from manual toggle.

Is it possible to just attach a 2.5mm to 3.5mm (1/8") cable from the Harmony Hub to the amp, or do I need some sort of wired IR receiver in-between to translate the IR from the Hub into "electrical signal" to the amp?

Grateful for any input, thanks!

The harmony hub are IR input are they not? e.g. they expect you have the supplied IR eyes plugged in.

Therefore, no. Your best bet would be to buy an IR eye from somewhere like Kenable

I’m going to try this. User reviews suggests it could work the way I want.

[UPDATE 30.01.2020]: Also just now got confirmation from Logitech that a mono cable attached to the Hub's 2.5mm output directly to a units IR input socket is possible. The Hub will broadacst the commands over the wire, so very convenient.
They [Logitech] are going to add the codes for my amp into their database in a couple of weeks time. Case closed!

[UPDATE 03.02.2020] I received the cable from Amazon and connected the Hub to the Amp's 3.5mm IR-input. Instead of waiting for Logitech to add the commands to their database, I dusted of my old Philips Pronto and added the codes there. I then used the Pronto to learn them to the Harmony Elite, synced and all good, working perfectly!

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom