Harmony hub issues

SavorettiMoretti

Established Member
Reaction score
I have my harmony hub controlling a few inputs in my av cupboard. When I run an activity to switch my HDMI matrix it also changes the camera view on my CCTV DVR resulting in it showing cameras 5-8 which are empty.

Can anyone advise if this can be fixed? I could just cover up the IR on the DVR but means I wouldn’t be able to do anything which kind of defeats the idea.

Use an ir extender port on hub rather than from the hub general ir out . You can then specify commands if they go out from main or sender or individual port

The sky box is on top of the DVR so wouldn’t make a difference?

You place the ir emitter directly onto the ir pickup of the NVR and usually tape it there so no erroneous signals get through

Yes

When I switch the matrix to 2B it changes the DVR too

Ok, then in that case place an individual ir emitter over the IR pickup on the switch and route the ir commands for the switch to that iemitter only

this can be done on the harmony software, better on a pc than on the phone app

That got me confused :confused:

this can be done on the harmony software, better on a pc than on the phone app

Harmony software doesn't like Mac 10.15

With the harmony hub you have sockets for individual IR blasters (emitters) these are there so you can direct certain device's commands just to that device rather than the more normal just blast IR as widely as possible.

In the software you decide how a device is controlled, hub (general IR blast) or via one of the ports and an ir blaster)

1599643412641.png

Ah ok I get you. However i'm not sure 100% this will work.

This happens when I go to devices -> matrix and use the remote from there so it's specific to the matrix already.

Have you got an ir blaster taped over the switch ir pick up eye and the matrix device in hub assignments on Harmony set to Hub Blaster Port 1 or 2 ?

Seb

This happens when I go to devices -> matrix and use the remote from there
It’s an important principle that you do not use the Devices storage area to control anything.

All sorted! Although when using the iOS app, it's constantly struggling to connect to harmony servers.

Best get Virtual box open

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom