Question Has anyone found a fix for the Xiaomi Mijia 4K Laser Projector vertical lines issue?

drunkmonk

Novice Member
Reaction score
So I ordered this thing from China via Gearbest (I'm in the US) a couple years ago and in the first year it started taking upwards of 10 minutes to show the screen. Then after a while lines started coming up. One solution I found was to loosen the case. That worked for quite a while but now it's just completely jacked up. I've kept things in the case to prevent white vertical lines but now the best I can get are stuck vertical black lines on the left side of the screen.

Has anyone encountered this and found a fix or know how to get it repaired in the US?

Thanks all!

It was an interesting solution to produce another adapter plate between the DMD ribbon cable and the DMD heat zink assembly. I guess using some springloaded fasteners between the heat sink and that original plate so the heat expansion can be taken up by the spring and not put too much pressure and bend that plate and resulting in the DMD/ribbon connection to fail, can be an even easier and better solution.

It’s this stuff that put me off what looks like an amazing projector.

So did you find a fix? I’ve got a 4K UHD Optoma that’s having some of the same issues. This is a $1200 piece of equipment so I very much need to get this fixed ASAP.

So I ordered this thing from China via Gearbest (I'm in the US) a couple years ago and in the first year it started taking upwards of 10 minutes to show the screen. Then after a while lines started coming up. One solution I found was to loosen the case. That worked for quite a while but now it's just completely jacked up. I've kept things in the case to prevent white vertical lines but now the best I can get are stuck vertical black lines on the left side of the screen.

Has anyone encountered this and found a fix or know how to get it repaired in the US?

Thanks all!
I ordered a plate form tegonik on here and sorted the problem. a few on here have done it and some on the US too. Worth the money and will sort your problem out for sure

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom