HCFR HDR Calibration

Fredde

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a delicate problem trying to calibrate HDR with HCFR and hope someone can help me.

Background:
My Panasonic GZ960 have 10 white balance steps, 12 if you count the 2.5 and 5% white. The tv has a max of 670 Nits.

When running the RGB scale in HCFR, 10 or 20 steps, does not matter, the majority of these steps are cut before visable range and after peak white. In reality, only 4-5 steps in the middle are able to be used for calibration.

Questions:
1) What setting do I need to change, to get all 10-12 calibration steps within the visible range, before it reaches 670 nits?
When using 0-255, near black is ok, but still, a lot of the steps are cut after peak white.

2) Are there any other settings I should change to calibrate HDR correct?

Basically, I want to tell HCFR that it should not send a signal of luminance above 670 Nits when calibrating HDR and all my 10-20 rgb level steps should be within visible range.

Settings:
Graphic card is compatible with 12-bit graphic, the tv reacts, and set as full range for both the 16-235 setting and 0-255 setting. The hdmi input is also adjusted to match limited or full range.

Display images parameters
GDI options 16-235 and 0-255 have both been tested

References
Colourspace: rec2020/dci-p3
Master minL: 0.0005
Master maxL: 1000
Content maxL: 1000
Smpte 2084 hdr: check

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom