HDFury Vertex - Audio only on the 1080 output

nonsoloinglese

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find the answer and the GUI is a little tricky to understand. Does anyone know how to set audio only output on the secondary output on the HDFury Vertex?

Many thanks in advance.

Luca

HDMI always requires a video signal as audio is embedded into the video stream - devices such as the HDFury AVR key replace the ‘live’ video stream with a ‘dummy’ blank signal the, usually, legacy AVR can lock to.

What are you trying to achieve?

Joe

I have a TV (LG b7) in the living room that is too far from the avr but 4K over Ethernet causes a lot of problems and dropouts, I’m without my projector at the moment so moved my ub820 to the tv and ran the second hdmi port (1.4) back to the avr over Ethernet and it worked a dream. Giving the option of having tv audio or full fat audio. This led me to look at doing the same with an Apple TV, issue is it only has 1 hdmi output hence the vertex looked ideal. Ideally have the ps5 as the TV UHD player which could also make use of the 2 inputs on the vertex.

You may require a special FW where you are looking to pass the ‘Audio’ via the Extender - many ‘Over CAT’ Extenders mess about with HDCP which can cause issues in a complex system.

HDFury use ‘Discord’ as a support hub - if you create an account you can login and find the HDFury Vertex support thread and request the optional FW.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom