HDMI 4k Amplifier

Rononii78

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, expertise required!

I have just bought a 4k Projector and a 4k Bluray player and the best cables I can afford. Individually they are magnificent but I had been advised to get a more modern amplifier to feed my surround sound speakers and to use as a powered switch. I borrowed an older amp with three HDMI in and one out and laboriously wired everything up. Then... nothing. I am assuming that the internal amp HDMI wiring cannot handle a UHD signal - imagine the disappointment as I rewired all the old kit back together and accepted two channel sound :(

So... can anyone suggest a good quality and reasonably priced amp with the latest HDMI internal wiring so I can really enjoy proper surround sound via my new 4K HDMI outputs?

Thanks,

Hello, expertise required!

I have just bought a 4k Projector and a 4k Bluray player and the best cables I can afford. Individually they are magnificent but I had been advised to get a more modern amplifier to feed my surround sound speakers and to use as a powered switch. I borrowed an older amp with three HDMI in and one out and laboriously wired everything up. Then... nothing. I am assuming that the internal amp HDMI wiring cannot handle a UHD signal - imagine the disappointment as I rewired all the old kit back together and accepted two channel sound :(

So... can anyone suggest a good quality and reasonably priced amp with the latest HDMI internal wiring so I can really enjoy proper surround sound via my new 4K HDMI outputs?

Thanks,

What's the budget? Do you ever use it for music or purely movies?

What's the budget? Do you ever use it for music or purely movies?
Hi there,

Never used for music, just TV room. Budget wise I would probably look for something second hand around £150 but but if this is unlikely I would get the cheapest one that worked!

Yes I really do care. I have an older DENON amp which served me well for years and a set of five decent Kef speakers and a great active subwoofer. Unfortunately my budgets now are not what they once were!

Just for movies only and if new then the cheapest I can get(!) but £150 for a used but modern one? Just need 3 or 4 HDMI in and one out?

Just for movies only and if new then the cheapest I can get(!) but £150 for a used but modern one? Just need 3 or 4 HDMI in and one out?

If you want to pass 4k think you might struggle with £150. Especially new. Sometimes Denon 2300 or similar come up om ebay or classifieds for around 180/200

Yes I really do care. I have an older DENON amp which served me well for years and a set of five decent Kef speakers and a great active subwoofer. Unfortunately my budgets now are not what they once were!
Which Denon amp and which Kef speakers?

If they are that good, then maybe add something like this:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom