Question HDMI Cables and Freeview Interference

asw

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Freeview signal gets clobbered by radiation from nearby HDMI cables. Moving the cables around and keeping them apart can make some difference but it's still poor.

There are so many types of HDMI cables available with all sorts of dubious claims being made by the sellers.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced brand of HDMI cable that is known to be well shielded and therefore low radiation?

Thanks,

Alan

What sort of length do you need? I don't think I've ever experienced the problem you're having but have used kabeldirekt from Amazon for standard HD as we used those at work. I got a certified high speed one when I needed a 5m 4k compatible one.

What sort of length do you need? I don't think I've ever experienced the problem you're having but have used kabeldirekt from Amazon for standard HD as we used those at work. I got a certified high speed one when I needed a 5m 4k compatible one.
I only need 1 metre cables but I need to be sure of their low radiation properties. That's my main concern.

Amazon's own cables are as good as anyones
Do you know if there are any performance comparison tests available anywhere which have measured radiation properties of cables?

I would check the connections as more likely electrical interference from a bad connection than any thing else

It’s more likely to be the low quality RF aerial with the Belling-Lee attached to it that is the problem, not the HDMI cable. What kind of Freeview box are you using?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom