Question Hdr or game mode ?

bluenose boy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys on my Samsung 4k TV I have options for hdr and game mode for one X but can't activate both at once.
Hdr looks better but game mode I imagine would be faster response so not sure which is best to use.
Anyone else have this option.
Cheers

Would have thought game mode would be the TV doing all the processing whereas HDR is on the console side?
I'm not sure what mines set to.

Yeah it's strange how you can't do both as the hdr enabled games are stunning looking.
Unless when you select hdr game mode is automatically enabled too ?

HDR should still be activated automatically when it detects an HDR signal even in Game mode.

I can only get it to work on hdr by doing it manually unfortunately.

You might be best asking in the Samsung TV section as I am not that familiar with their TVs but the brief bit of research I did online said it should activate automatically but it might be a specific issue with the model you have.

Yeah thanks m8 I'll have a lookmin the TV section see if mine is there.

You might be best asking in the Samsung TV section as I am not that familiar with their TVs but the brief bit of research I did online said it should activate automatically but it might be a specific issue with the model you have.

Found out there is a model specific problem with the TV not updating the info from which it is displaying it will stick in a previous setting like movie etc but will not update when you move to hdr etc so that why I never knew what was getting displayed.
But you can defo get game and hdr at same time so I'm getting there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom