Headphones synch issue with Sky Q box

JEFF62

Established Member
Reaction score
I have Sky Q and a Sky Soundbox. I have recently bought a pair of Panasonic headphones as the soundbox is causing complaints from the neighbours late at night! The headphones are fine from all my connected devices which are blu ray player, now tv box and Apple TV. But when I listen to something on Sky Q the sound is out of synch. This only happens with Sky Q. It looks like the only solution would be to disconnect the soundbox each time but this seems a lot of hassle. Any ideas what could be causing this and how to resolve it without disconnecting the soundbox?

Are the headphones wired or Bluetooth wireless.
If wired what are they plugged in to? and if wireless Bluetooth what are they paired to...the TV or the Soundbox?
Regardless of how they're connected go into the Sky Settings/Setup/Audio visual and try setting an audio delay on the “Digital audio delay HDMI” if the soundbox is connected by HDMI or “Digital audio delay optical” if it's connected via Optical.
Obviously you'll need to reset this to zero delay when you’re not using headphones.

Last edited:
They are wired. Apparently the Bluetooth on my Panasonic tv only connects to keyboards soI tried these wired ones. So they are plugged into the tv headphone socket. So should I try HDMI delay?

Yes, try playing around with the HDMI audio delays.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. Oddly enough listening to live tv on Sky Q its in synch but is out of synch on recordings. So I tried the audio delays on 20/40/60/80 etc but they are all still out of synch. This is so frustrating as the only time I will need the headphones is to watch Sky Store purchases and these are the only thing out of synch. I suppose I may have to use Sky Store on Now Tv smart box but the PQ isn't as good.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom