Headset recommendation

Robbo42

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm after a headset to use primarily with the PS3 but if possible could also be used with an MP3 player.

Spec would be 7.1, wired connection with noise reduction (if this is possible ?).

Budget is circa £100.

Does anyone have any recommendations ?

Cheers

Robbo

Ive been looking for a headset, and after looking at them all, I went for the turtle beach DSS :) , it does what I want it to do (5.1 /7.1 )surround sound for the fraction of the price of other headsets (£40 Turtle beach ebay shop) .you can also put your mp3 player into it.

The turtle beach dss is not a headset but a processor that you plug your headphones / headset into to get 5.1 /7.1 surround sound .

robbo

Turtle beach PX3s are for £75 at play.com and is wireless headset. its programmable and you are able to connect your mp3 player to it ,but it isnt 5.1 /7.1 surround sound. if you add the turtle beach DSS to it ,it becomes 5.1/7.1 . PX5s they are around £120 and they do all the things as the PX3s but have 5.1 sound .:D

I managed to pick up some DPX21's from ebay for around £90 delivered.

Hopefully they will arrive this week so I can test them out.

Just remember that if you are going to soundwhore, turn the bass on the DSS down, and also the PX21's bass too, as it will just overpower everything, as it can get really heavy, and just turn it up a little bit, which helps you to hear people, etc at a distance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom