Hellboy Review & Comments

Lionsgate UHD will feature both DV and HDR10+ for those who would like to seek solace lol.

I went to see this last night. I didn't walk out because, like watching a real-life train wreck, I just couldn't believe what I was watching. 2/10 from me.
I’m looking forward to the next podcast even more, now :D

The behind the scenes drama ('Hellboy' Reboot's Fiery Shoot: Fights Over David Harbour, Cinematographer) seems way more interesting than the film itself! Shame that they hobbled Neil Marshall so badly, he's a great director with the right material and I was been looking forward to him coming back to films after his successful TV work. Oh well.

As a massive Hellboy fan, complete with a tattoo of Mignola's artwork, I'm very sad to see big red be treated like this.

Oh dear, I have it booked for tomorrow on IMAX. Still want to see it but now wondering whether I should cancel the IMAX and see it on normal 2D - I have a cineworld card so the IMAX is extra but the 2D is ‘free’.

Cheers,

Nigel

Oh dear, I have it booked for tomorrow on IMAX. Still want to see it but now wondering whether I should cancel the IMAX and see it on normal 2D - I have a cineworld card so the IMAX is extra but the 2D is ‘free’.

Cheers,

Nigel
Same here, I passed on the IMAX extra £5 this time and just went for the 'free' Limitless 2D option.

Same here, I passed on the IMAX extra £5 this time and just went for the 'free' Limitless 2D option.

So all it cost you was two hours of finite life that you'll never get back. Bargain.

Ouch...that was almost painful to read and it came across like the film was equally painful to sit through!

Shame, as I feel even Del Toro's films never quite captured the spirit of the comics, maybe someone will make a truly great Hellboy film one day; pretty sure this isn't it...

Have to say that I'm with Ed on this one, I'm closing in on fifty now and don't have the hours left in me to waste 2 more...

I was expecting this

Well after reading reviews on imdb, letterboxd and here I think i'll spend 2 hours doing something else!

So, they wouldn't give Del Toro the reported $120m budget he needed to finish his trilogy, but they were happy to fund this one instead. Shame.

well this is clearly going to be a loss for them, it serves them right for not making HB3 which is what all HB fans actually wanted, ignore your fans at your peril...

Would have been nice to have seen Del Toro and Perlman complete a trilogy.

The practical and visual effects in the trailer for this one looked bad. Quality of the film aside, it should at least look as good, if not better, than what came years before it.

Oh no, was hoping this was going to be a good one.....

I didn't think much of the del Toro films either to be honest, and was happy to give my DVD's away to charity.

Funny how so many films get a glowing preview write up in Empire magazine, with people banging on about "vision" and "authenticity", "depth" and "truth" which then turn out to be a pile of crap.

You'd think they had a magazine to sell....

I enjoyed the GDT versions. Why didn’t they just add to that series? Ron Perlman was well suited IMO

Looked utter garbage from the trailer and thats supposed to sell a film so im not surprised its pap.

I didn't think much of the del Toro films either to be honest, and was happy to give my DVD's away to charity.

Funny how so many films get a glowing preview write up in Empire magazine, with people banging on about "vision" and "authenticity", "depth" and "truth" which then turn out to be a pile of crap.

You'd think they had a magazine to sell....
You also have to slip "trope" in somewhere to make sure everyone knows you're an intelligent film reviewer whose opinion should be respected.
Sounds like the two Perlman efforts were superb compared to this, so no 2 hour wastage here. Shame really. Oh... and trope.

The trailer was terrible so this is no surprise. A wasted opportunity.

The trailer looked like a fan made parody in my opinion, it just didn't feel right. I don't dislike David Harbour but he's just not Ron Perlman and Neil Marshall doesn't have the visual flair of Guillermo del Toro. It's a shame really, Hollywood execs can't help themselves killing yet another franchise.

oh no

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom