Question Help! Anyone Have A Faulty "Real" CCTV Camera?

Suave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

We have recently had a spate of burglaries on our road & I will be looking into getting a CCTV system in near future but I am so clueless about these things I will need to do a ton of research & get advice/help to decide what to consider.

In the meantime, I would like at least something to put potential burglars off - The police have told us we also may be a target as the other homes robbed on our road were scoped for some time due to the nature & timing of them.

I was going to get one of those fake ones but have been told that burglars can spot them a mile away so to tide me over till I get full system, I am looking for a real branded one so if my place does get scoped, they will be able to see that the camera is not a fake (number of cables, brand logo, no flashing red light etc).

Happy to pay a reasonable amount for any non working/faulty ones anyone might have!

Many Thanks,

Suave!

A classic deterrent is a couple of "beware of the dogs" signs. Plural, not single. I know if I were a burglar I would think twice if there's a potential risk of a couple of 12 stone dogs ready to greet me, even if I had scoped the house out. Chuck a couple of large dog toys about the garden also to add to the authenticity!

Just go to ADI and get a couple of their Whitebox dome cameras.

Think they are only about £15 each, and you then have an added bonus of being able to actually use them when you decide to install the rest of the system.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom