Help buying 5.1 Home theater setup, around 1500$ budget.

spVce

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently acquired a new projector and i'm looking to pair it up with a great sounding 5.1 home theater system.
I currently own a Logitech z906 and while it's somewhat powerful and good sounding (for me) i feel like i'd like something with higher quality, and more punch/tone for movies, like in a cinema.
I'm no audiophile and have no experience/knowledge regarding speakers, so i don't know what to look for and what to expect.

I want that powerful/kicking and punchy sound with decent details that don't distort with higher volumes.
I will mainly use it for movies/games with some music listening as well (edm dnb, rap, sometimes classical music with mostly piano and violin).
My room is quite small at 5 meters(16.5 feet) wide and 4 meters(13 feet) long with hardwood floor.
The front speakers will be 3 meters away from my viewing distance, I don't have the possibility to put the surround drivers behind me, as my sofa is next to the wall, i can only put them just to my left and right, in line with me.

A few options that i found are:
-Polk audio T50 +T30 +T15 = 600$
-Onkyo HT-S5805 = 900$
-Heto Victa Prime 702 + center 102 + shelf 302 = 1000$
-Onkyo HT-S7805 = 1200$
-Klipsch Reference R-26F +R-25M +R-15M = 1200$
-Emotiva Airmotive T1 +C1 +B1 = 1300$
I will also need a receiver to hook them up

I'm open for suggestions, thank you! :)

Last edited:
I assume you are in the US, if so then maybe try AVSforums as it is US based. This is a mainly UK based forum so the brands you mention are not widely available here so hard to give advice on them.
In terms of budget split you seem to be in the right ball park. With $1500 to spend I would look at something like $400-500 on the AVR and the rest on speakers.
If you look up the recommended speaker locations from the likes of Dolby then you will see that for a 5.1 system the surrounds are more to the side of the seating than the rear anyway so this should not be an issue. You may want to consider the use of bipole/dipole speakers for the surrounds as these give a more diffused sound.

I assume you are in the US, if so then maybe try AVSforums as it is US based. This is a mainly UK based forum so the brands you mention are not widely available here so hard to give advice on them.
In terms of budget split you seem to be in the right ball park. With $1500 to spend I would look at something like $400-500 on the AVR and the rest on speakers.
If you look up the recommended speaker locations from the likes of Dolby then you will see that for a 5.1 system the surrounds are more to the side of the seating than the rear anyway so this should not be an issue. You may want to consider the use of bipole/dipole speakers for the surrounds as these give a more diffused sound.

I am from Romania, and they're all available for purchase from an on-line store here www.avstore.ro
I am also open for other suggestions as well!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom