Help! LG C9 or Pana GZ950

Hello,
please, help me :)
Now I have 65FZ800. My problem - HDR 4K Netflix. Picture in mode HD and 4K without HDR is very good. In HDR 4K Netflix I see a lot of problems with motion. Nobody write about this problems here.

I want give this TV another person who doesn't watch Netflix and buy another.

Will my problem disappear after switching to LG C9 or Sony AG8?

I Have Soundbar with Atmos - Samsung Q80R, Is this a visible difference?

I'm afraid HD in LG will be worse than Panasonic and Sony.

In my country they cost the same, Sony (AG8), LG(C9) and Panasonic (GZ950), difference 50-100 EURO.

The picture HD LG in shop look like worse quality?

Thank you for your help :):):):)

I think about GZ950/GZ2000 but...
This is my problems, there write about it:

"Having said that, we think it is important to add that there are situations where it can be an advantage to make the picture appear sharper in motion. Such as sports. Furthermore, displays with ultra-low response time, like OLED, "suffer" from an effect that can best be described as the 'stroboscope effect'. It is quite simple actually. With low frame rate video (24p), especially in scenes with fast motion and bright images, the ultra-low response time can lead to a stroboscope-like effect. Perhaps controversially, I personally prefer to have a little compensation added to these situations to avoid this effect, but unfortunately not all motion systems are up to the task. Panasonic's IFC (Intelligent Frame Creation) motion system is decent at its lowest setting, and the bit of stutter that you may encounter can be removed by either manual adjustment or by using the 'Minimum' option. Unfortunately, this introduces a different type mild stutter in the form of random insertion of an extra frame, which makes the image occasionally appear still for a split second"

They write this about FZ800:
Switching our attention to SDR video (SD, HD, and 4K), FZ800 does a commendable job. Last year, we complained about occasional stutter in motion but it appears to have been fixed completely on FZ800 if you remember to deactivate Panasonic’s motion system IFC (Intelligent Frame Creation). However, with IFC deactivated we encountered the issue with OLED panels’ ultra-low response time, which is so fast that it has a tendency to make motion in video shot at low frame rates (such as 24Hz movies) appear stroboscope-like during bright scenes. If you prefer to have IFC activated, we would recommend that you select the personal profile and stay below 3-4 to avoid introducing motion artefacts. However, you will need to endure occasional stutter so it is not a perfect solution. Without IFC, motion resolution drops somewhat and it comparable to last year’s model, and not as good as Sony A8F and LG C8 (even with IFC activated)

New series witcher I see stuttering every few minutes. If I turn on IFC 2-4 it's better in 80%. If I turn on IFC more then 4 I see a lot of artifacts :(

New series witcher I see stuttering every few minutes. If I turn on IFC 2-4 it's better in 80%. If I turn on IFC more then 4 I see a lot of artifacts :(
i found on the GZ950 the best setting for smoothness is IFC :Custom / Film Smooth 3
anyone found any better/smoother settings without movies looking like a computer game ?

All retailers now selling LG C9 55” for £1249.
HotUkDeals had a discount code for prcdirect and rgbdirect both giving £100 off!
Went back to Richer Sounds and price beaten by £20.
Got TV for £1129!!
Well chuffed :D

All retailers now selling LG C9 55” for £1249.
HotUkDeals had a discount code for prcdirect and rgbdirect both giving £100 off!
Went back to Richer Sounds and price beaten by £20.
Got TV for £1129!!
Well chuffed :D

congrats. Great price and great set :smashin:

I am confused between the 2 options now XBox series x is revealed and we know that it will support 120fps at 4K which makes LG C9 the better of the two options but I keep hearing about how good Panasonic is for rest of the things. I was at John Lewis this morning to buy LG C9 but the sales guy confused me further with all the good things about Pana. What do you good folks think about these televisions 6 months down the line and price dropped to £1989 (LG 65”) and £1799 (Pana 65”). Is the £200 bargain on Panasonic tilts the balance in its favour or LG brings enough to the table to be more usable future prof tech.

I am not going to be upgrading for 5 years so want a solid option which is future proof and also an all rounder. I spend about 70%-80% time watching Netflix, Disney, Prime and HBO MAx (thanks to VPNs) and the rest gaming on my xbox. Thanks

I think the VERY simplified answer is:
If you are a heavy user of consoles for gaming then the LG is the best bet
or
If you will spend the majority of time watching films then the Panny is the best bet.

Of course many will not fit neatly into just one of the above, so it then gets more complicated. If you are going to get the TV calibrated then the Panny loses many of its advantages. The LG has the better OS with more frequent updates than the Panny TV's. Etc. Etc.

I never use a gaming console and I own a Panny GZ950 but it was a close call between it and the LG even for me. But I think whichever you go for you will be happy with your choice.

Mark.

I think the VERY simplified answer is:
If you are a heavy user of consoles for gaming then the LG is the best bet
or
If you will spend the majority of time watching films then the Panny is the best bet.

Of course many will not fit neatly into just one of the above, so it then gets more complicated. If you are going to get the TV calibrated then the Panny loses many of its advantages. The LG has the better OS with more frequent updates than the Panny TV's. Etc. Etc.

I never use a gaming console and I own a Panny GZ950 but it was a close call between it and the LG even for me. But I think whichever you go for you will be happy with your choice.

Mark.

thanks Mark. Appreciate your quick response.

I am a noob when it comes to OLED. I am moving from my LG IPS LED TV from 2016, so will be a big jump whichever way I go. I think your last line is tilting me towards LG, if you are not in to consoles and had tough time deciding between the two it probably says something about LGs all round capabilities.

Calibration is something I learnt about during my research. Had no idea that it is a thing. Not sure if I will spend £2-300 but will definitely check out what’s available in South London.

I’m debating this same thing, but it seems like I should just wait til July and pick up a HZ980 that’ll have hdmi 2.1... then I can get the out of the box calibration and the future proof for next gen consoles.

I’m debating this same thing, but it seems like I should just wait til July and pick up a HZ980 that’ll have hdmi 2.1... then I can get the out of the box calibration and the future proof for next gen consoles.
HZ980 isn't full 2.1 compliant.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom