Help me choose between two laptops?

xAngelfreak

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I’m completely useless at this and need as much help as I can get!

I have a pretty decent full-size work laptop however I’m sick of getting it out and plugging it in (not very good battery life) when I only need to quickly add to or edit something for work. I was therefore thinking of purchasing a small laptop (was looking at 11 inch but couldn’t seem to find anything decent in my price range??) that is light for carrying and has a good battery life. It will only be used for microsoft office and internet use. I was leaning towards a chromebook, however I do occasionally have to dabble in photoshop - which I can do on my main laptop so it isn’t a huge issue and I know it wouldn’t run very well on a cheap laptop anyway, but the fact I can’t use it at all on a chromebook put me off a bit (since you never know when you might need to even look at what someone else has done if I was on the move and only carrying my light laptop for example). Although it’s main purpose would be to load up office quickly and without faff, which I thought a chromebook might be better at than Windows?

So, I feel like I’ve stared at thousands of laptops for weeks and now can’t see the wood through the trees. I don’t want to spend much, so I had it narrowed down to these two - unless of course anyone can recommend anything better!

Thank you!

Attachments

• 48DFC164-583E-4569-938A-9D50C6CF5871.jpeg
    48DFC164-583E-4569-938A-9D50C6CF5871.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Although it’s main purpose would be to load up office quickly and without faff, which I thought a chromebook might be better at than Windows?

Neither of these would do that quickly - the processors are essentially built on the old Intel Atom processor designs.

The Chromebook would be the quickest but it runs the Android version of Word etc. rather than the full version you'd get in Windows.

Neither of these would do that quickly - the processors are essentially built on the old Intel Atom processor designs.

The Chromebook would be the quickest but it runs the Android version of Word etc. rather than the full version you'd get in Windows.
Thank you.

Are there any laptops in the £200-£250 range that will?

Thank you.

Are there any laptops in the £200-£250 range that will?
In short, no.

I would really suggest increasing your budget and stretching to something with at least a proper cpu - Intel Core i3 or Ryzen - but that plus being small, thin, and light is a bit of a pricey mix...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom