Help me pick AV receiver for my needs

TpaByKypuM

Novice Member
Reaction score
My first post here, be gentle if the subject has been discussed.
Im torn between Marantz SR7008 and Denon X4000. Some back ground: I can hear audio difference between mp3 and vinyl, none the less, I don't think I can distinguish music quality coming out of a 40k system vs 10k. In other words, I don't know what to look for when qualifying audio... Im probably just above average consumer. Anyways, I'd like to setup and AV system. Money isn't an issue. The system will be used 70% music and 30% video. I have an open plan two story house; the main living room has a cathedral ceiling. There are 4 JBL satelites installed in the room by the previous owner at about 10 feet above the floor. My plan is to add Polk RTi A7 fronts, Polk C6 center and an AV receiver and use the existing 4 JBL speakers.

I really like the Marantz 7008, it has 9 amps and the latest Audyssey 32, should be ample of power to drive two more zones. Now, as Im looking at Denon x4000, it appears to be similar to the 7008. Perhaps the question I should have is if the Marantz an overkill for what I need. I don't mind spending extra 1k for the receiver as long as Im getting what I'll be happy with.

So, what do you guys think? Any recommendations on the setup?

It's a bit off subject, but would I need a separate amp to drive the fronts in addition to the AV's in question above?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom