Help needed please

jimmykr

Established Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon, im in need of help choosing an apple laptop.

I will start by saying that i have never owned an apple laptop. But only an ipad 3 a long way back.

I currently own a asus chromebook, which i love very much, but i find a little lacking for what i need.

Just to note im not interested in windows laptops as had a bad experience before with them.

I need a laptop for the following.

Checking emails
Web browing
Composing documents
Video editing
And listening to music whilst i work.

I have been on the apple site, but i just dont know which system is right for which situation.

There is apple mac, apple mac air, ect

I really need some impartial advise on this.

Can anyone help advise me?

They are all easily capable of doing what you need. I would recommend getting one with 16gb of RAM and then consider the Hard Drive capacity for your video projects.

Thank you so much for replying.

What is the difference between 13inch and 16inch.

Also does it allow me to access g mail on a mac book?!
I heard google map is not available on mac book?

Also does it come with free video software?

Yes you can access g mail and google maps via the Safari browser. it comes with iMovie software which will allow video editing but there are also more "professional" packages like Final Cut Pro which are available

Thank you, so do you think mac book 13inch base model will be good enough?

And are mac books reliable hardware wise or should i take out extra warranty. I would like to keep it for about 10 years if possible. Is it possible?

How soon do you need a MacBook? They are shortly going to start transitioning to their own arm processors rather than Intel. Might be worth waiting for those and their reviews if you can hang on for a year?

10 years, you’ll be lucky. That’s a long time in the tech field and Apple won’t support it for the latest updates and newer OS much after 6 years.

Appreciate you fancy a Mac. But do wonder what bad Windows experience you had, that you expect a Mac to avoid?

ASUS Zenbook - very Macbook like in terms of build quality and usability (if you do consider going back to Windows).

This post was written using an ASUS Zenbook.

Thanks for your honesty.

As fot windows, i loved Windows 7..but not keen on windows 8 onwards. And i owned a PC laptop before and it packed up after 2 years. Would not boot up ect.

I have to be honest i know nothinng about macs.. So a bit scary to buy one.

I love chromebooks.. But there is no decent software for video editing.

I live in japan also, so need windows in English and everything in Japanese here.

Mac and chromebooks i can change language anytime

Thanks for your honesty.
I use a pixel slate i5 with keyboard for general web work, so basically a chromebook.

But when I need some power (i7) and bigger screen and excel/word etc I switch to the Zenbook, it is running windows 10 with an Nvidia graphics card so it handles all the stuff I throw at it including CIV6 and World of Tanks 120FPS very easily.

From Win 10 - menus
1600426214254.png

Oh, it seems corect.
I remenber windows had different language versions before.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom