Question Help needed with Panasonic TX-39GS352B 39" TV

geoff958

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just bought this TV and have it connected to a Humax Freesat.
Working ok but the menu doesn't come up when I'm watching live TV. On Netflix I get a Colour & Sound menu but the colour changes I make don't affect the live channels. The 'Home' button only shows the main menu when I switch the TV on. As will be obvious I'm not technical so need help. Thanks in advance.

I presume you don't have a terrestrial aerial connected and by “live TV” you mean viewing your Humax box?
I suspect this model isn't a “proper” Panasonic and like a few other brands these days (Hitachi, Alba, Bush etc) is made for them by Turkish manufacturer Vestel.
If it's the model I'm thinking of, bizarrely, the main menu can only be selected with the remote if the TV is switched to “TV” (meaning it's internal tuner) and won't appear if the set is switched to an AV input, HDMI etc.

I presume you don't have a terrestrial aerial connected and by “live TV” you mean viewing your Humax box?
I suspect this model isn't a “proper” Panasonic and like a few other brands these days (Hitachi, Alba, Bush etc) is made for them by Turkish manufacturer Vestel.
If it's the model I'm thinking of, bizarrely, the main menu can only be selected with the remote if the TV is switched to “TV” (meaning it's internal tuner) and won't appear if the set is switched to an AV input, HDMI etc.
Thanks very much for the reply. That's a bit worrying, and having checked further I have established it is a 'Vestel'. The freesat box is connected to an external dish. So, it appears then that if the menu cannot be accessed when viewing the Humax box then the picture colour etc. cannot be adjusted. Is that right?
If so, then bizare is certainly the word.

Is there a separate “Quick Menu” button on the remote?

Is there a separate “Quick Menu” button on the remote?
No I don't see one. See attached.
IMG_0850.JPG

Just had a thought.
Check page 19 of your user manual and see if it's in “Store mode”

Just had a thought.
Check page 19 of your user manual and see if it's in “Store mode”
No, it's disabled. Thank you though for your continued help. Being pragmatic about it the quality of the picture using the Freesat is very good and on the Netflix side there is a menu for picture & sound.
Thankfully the sound menu does affect the Freesat channels which is an issue with me, having less than perfect hearing. Still annoying though that with all the advanced features they manage to neglect such a basic requirement.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom