Help Please - Low Cost Turntable system for daughters bedroom

Ascotbilly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Please advise, I'm looking for the above I've two routes I think.
1.) Gift her my NAD C556 (RP1) she will need a phono stage & amp c/w some form of bluetooth and active speakers.
2.) Buy bluetooth turntable and active speakers.

This type of kit maybe ?

Keeping the footprint small is a must.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
For a low cost set up...if it were me, I'd go for a pair of Edifier r1700bt speakers and an Audio Technica AT-LP60 turntable. Both for around £230.00 all in. Only speaker wire needed.
Speakers have amp and bluetooth built in. No preamp needed for the turntable.
Both are well reviewed. The turntable is their entry level, but can be upgraded if you wish to spend more.

What I'd be tempted to do, if I had a NAD C556 (which should be a lot better than an AT-LP60), is look for a used NAD integrated amp on eBay.

The NAD 3020 was a classic in its day, and it has a phono pre-amp built in and you connect the turntable directly. You'd be taking a risk with a used one, but they were reasonably well constructed and seem to last, and I've seen plenty going on eBay claimed to be in perfect working order.

Then look around for a reasonable pair of speakers within collection distance (so you can see them first), say a "bookshelf" pair from someone like Mission or Tannoy. And some speaker cable - there's perfectly good cheap stuff around.

Don't know why you'd need bluetooth.

The NAD way is the better way for sure.
Am currently using my phone's bluetooth to listen to some ripped music. ;)
Not ideal but I can be a little lazy on occasion.

Rega planar 1 is an excellent TT at its price point.

Keep the Nad - phono / streaming/speakers all in one

Keep the Nad - phono / streaming/speakers all in one

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom