Question Help re connecting old HUMAX recorder to new TV

DJC2020

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an older HUMAX PVR-9150T Tv recorder, which connected to my old TV via a Scart lead. Have just got a new Tv without scart ports.
I think what I need is a convertor box from Scart (output from TV recorder) to HDMI (input to new TV) ,,,, but would appreciate advice on if I am correct before purchasing?

Something like this

Neoteck Aluminum SCART To HDMI Converter 1080P SCART to HDMI Adapter + 3.5mm Headphone Stereo Audio Video Adapter with UK Power Adapter

That's the correct sort of device.

Although if it's this one then it looks like it only supposed the lowest quality video signal over SCART (Composite/CVBS) and scales up the picture which are behaviours you may not want.

The description also makes it sound like it splits off the audio but I assume that's just the usual abysmal quality of amazon's product descriptions as the questions and reviews suggest that's optional.

SCART is a combo connector for Composite, S-Video and RGB so if your TV has any analogue inputs at all it may be cheaper just to buy a connector adapter than a converter box.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for the information. It was that one you linked to that I was looking at. Ideally I didn't want to spend too much, as the Humax is quite old anyway, but we prefer to it catch up TV.

The TV is a Toshiba 43UL5A63DB (2019) LED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 43 ..... how would I check if it has any analog inputs?

Thanks for the information. It was that one you linked to that I was looking at. Ideally I didn't want to spend too much, as the Humax is quite old anyway, but we prefer to it catch up TV.

The TV is a Toshiba 43UL5A63DB (2019) LED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 43 ..... how would I check if it has any analog inputs?

It's made by Vestel so has Composite (CBVS) video / audio in sockets so a Scart out to three phono in lead would work at Composite video level.

It also has Component (YPbPr) video input via the VGA socket, so a RGB to Component video converter might work and if so could give a better picture, plus a suitable audio lead.

Suggestion, not a recommendation, though I have used other products from them, there maybe cheaper devices elsewhere.

Or you could get brand new Humax Freeview recorder from £90.

Last edited:
I think it's going to make more sense to get a new one, as it's over 10 years old, thanks for the info

A new one will provide you with DVB-T2 support so you can receive and record the HD channels, and the few SD channels that use it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom