Help to build an Atmos set up please..

I'm happy for you mate, exciting times ahead! You're gonna love it!

If its any help, I run 5.1 (for now) and my speakers are 4 X Dali Zensor 1 and the centre is Dali Zensor Vokal, all in white.
BKElec Monolith for the .1 duties.

My room is about 14ft X 12 ft and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
If its any help, I run 5.1 (for now) and my speakers are 4 X Dali Zensor 1 and the sub is Dali Zensor Vokal, all in white.
My room is about 14ft X 12 ft and I couldn't be happier.

So, as per the thread title, i'm going 5.1.2 and already have KEFs for the ceiling. I had kinda settled on T Series to complete the set up until I just noticed they have fabric grills...with wanting white and having kids, dog and cat I'm confident they'll end up grubby in no time....

It's a risk.
I have the same, except no cat. Funnily enough, the only one to mark or damage anything is the missus.... Grrrrrrr.......

Question, would this work:

AVR - X3600
Sub - BK XXLS40DF
Front R - KEF E301

Centre - KEF T301

Front L - KEF E301
Surround R - KEF E301
Surround L - KEF E301
Atmos - KEF Ci160QR x 2

Last edited:
Question, would this work:

AVR - X3600
Sub - BK XXLS40DF
Front R - KEF E301

Centre - KEF T301

Front L - KEF E301
Surround R - KEF E301
Surround L - KEF E301
Atmos - KEF Ci160QR x 2
I would think so, there is little difference in the design of the drivers in either speaker so timbre should be good. KEFs are quite easy to mix and match. I did use, for a short time, an old KEF Egg centre with R100s.

I would think so, there is little difference in the design of the drivers in either speaker so timbre should be good. KEFs are quite easy to mix and match. I did use, for a short time, an old KEF Egg centre with R100s.

Cheers Gibbsy.

I actually think I'm going to go full on Eggs...prices aren't too bad right now and can soon upgrade them later when I fiscally recover from the AV whirlwind that i'm currently going through.

I'm just stripping out the room for decoration, do you think 1200mm up from the floor is too high for speakers.. every guide i've seen is using that height as a rule of thumb but it still seems a bit high for ear level to me..

Measure your ear height from the floor when sitting down, then use a speaker height that puts the tweeter at that height.
That's what I do.

Measure your ear height from the floor when sitting down, then use a speaker height that puts the tweeter at that height.
That's what I do.
That's what I would have thought as well @shodan but I erred on the side of caution when most guides suggested 1200. My ear, and i'm 6', is at 1000mm and in reality how many people sit bolt upright when watching a movie?

Not I! I'm pretty horizontal these days... 🤣

Cwtched up to a dog usually.:smashin:

@Kevin Mitchell You have to work within your compromises. My surrounds are certainly at that height.

Yeah, I think it would be sensible to leave them at 1200. I have a timber at that height for fixing the speaker bracket to, the potential benefits of dropping them a few inches are outweighed by the negatives of a plasterboard fix.

OK, I'm going in.!

I have padsaw in hand and about to cut great holes in my ceiling..!

Before I scrub up and start the operation can I just make a final check.?

4' off the back wall and 8' apart??🤔

57E0D630-63FC-410E-B341-CAE7328E3692.jpeg

Last edited:
She is beautiful! My missus world probably like me to change the Monolith to that! Is that the one you mentioned earlier in the thread?

This is the BK XXLS400DF @shodan - it took a LOT of deciding and I think my first choice was the P12 PR, but this will be so much easier to maintain without the white front grille. Looks brilliant and so incredibly well made by BK. Can't wait to get her fired up after decorating.

New developments...

new speaker cables installed, walls decorated and E301s purchased and fitted...

ABCC8F9B-C54C-4B12-B291-B005C061514C.jpeg

D4A5EEEA-DF6A-4AF2-92E7-808F5EC34E5B.jpeg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom