Help with 433mhz light control / inching

superpants

Novice Member
Reaction score
Long time reader first time poster - please be gentle

weve been having a problem with oiks wandering about at night trying car and house door handles, I’ve already got a decent cctv system, but I’d much rather deter them in the first place

a few weekends ago I installed some abt100 beam sensors across the only access point to our property - these offer NC/NO outputs. I took a 433 MHz doorbell push and wired it into the NO, so when someone walks in,Mathew circuit closes, the door bell rings in the house, it’s so simple its excellent. Saves the postman time etc. The abt100 infra red beam setup above is powered from an old car battery high is topped up from a 12v solar panel, simple and safer than running 240v around etc.

what I’d like to do,is now have a flood light mounted on the house come on for 2 minutes when the beam sensor is activated by someone walkimg though the beam. I thought I could recycle the door bell push / buy a new12v 433mhz transmitter And have it go to the sonoff 4ch pro r2,

using inching mode to turn it on for xminutes

was about to purchase the above when I realised inching mode was only 1-16 seconds, configured by physical switches rather than a software setting - drat, so close to a simple clean solution. I then planned to buy flood lights with a photocell in or put the entire sonoff power input on a timer switch so it’s only receiving in dark hours

I’m going to keep the current door bell ringing system in place.

TLDR - want infrared beam to turn on a flood light over 433mhzs for x minutes then power off. Don’t want wires running from house to front gate.

any obvious neat solution I’m missing?
many thanks for Reading and hopefully answering.

This maybe achievable if you re-flash the sonoff with Tasmoto (depends how competent you are)

Fabien

Here’s the link to Tasmota. There is a timer function in the ‘commands’

Not played with it myself but I am sure someone else who has can step in

Fabien

This may also work as an alternative but give more ‘smart’ functionality (again not played with this)

Fabien

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
That should work. You will need a rely to act as the ‘trigger’ to the delay module. This would be energised via the doorbell cct somehow when the signal is generated via the beam/doorbell

Fabien

That should work. You will need a rely to act as the ‘trigger’ to the delay module. This would be energised via the doorbell cct somehow when the signal is generated via the beam/doorbell

Fabien
I’m guessing the led on the door bell that flashes could be used as the trigger, or would I need a further separate relay from the led to the input ?

many thanks for your time

You will ideally need a ‘volt-free’ contact. You could drive a transistor from the led but not a relay. Maybe ‘probe’ around the cct with a dvm for a source with sufficient current (but that all depends on your electronics expertise)

Fabien

I think the volt free probe is better idea, so I’d need a relay that’s powered by 12v? Or could one that’s powered by 240 do the job (that’d be my preference, many thanks fabian

I imagine your doorbell electronics are ALL low power. The extra relay needs to be situated here (therefore having a coil voltage of whatever you can find to drive it from the doorbell cct) with the NO contacts fed to the Trigger Delay Module.

You just need to find a sufficient source for the relay!

Fabien

Hi, so if I was to remove the door bell from the equation and have this

would it be a suitable relay to trigger my 240v delay circuit that I purchased earlier in the week?
if so, could you kindly pick out a suitable 12v 433mhz transmitter (From bang good if possible) to go down with my infrared beam, as that has nice relay no/nc to trigger it and there ps already 12v there

it seems silly to hack onto the doorbell led if it’s easier to do it properly.

Ok here goes....

That latest module does have a delay but not long enough I guess. It looks to be able to learn any 433mhz transmitter so using the original one should work. Will activate the door bell in parallel :)

So...IR Beam system triggers 433mhz transmitter via NO relay (as before)
This has been learnt by the latest module and will activate the relay. The NO contact of this relay will be used to close the ‘trigger’ of your 240v delay module. Which in turn will activate your floodlights for 2mins.

Fabien

Ok here goes....

That latest module does have a delay but not long enough I guess. It looks to be able to learn any 433mhz transmitter so using the original one should work. Will activate the door bell in parallel :)

So...IR Beam system triggers 433mhz transmitter via NO relay (as before)
This has been learnt by the latest module and will activate the relay. The NO contact of this relay will be used to close the ‘trigger’ of your 240v delay module. Which in turn will activate your floodlights for 2mins.

Fabien
You are a true gent, thankyou. Will give it and order and have a tinker.

thanks again Fabian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom