Help with cellular plan for Apple Watch

The Dark Horse

Hi, just some advice re watch plans please. I'm considering buying my first smartwatch (Apple Watch SE cellular version).

As I understand it BT do not support Apple Watch but my iPhone is with BT. Can I still get a watch plan with another provider or does it have to be linked to my iPhone contract?

Apologies if a silly question but haven't a clue about this. Thank you.

eamon

I think you are limited to EE, O2 and Vodafone. What I'd like to know is how much they charge per month, if you have it as a sim only plan and put the watch outright.

eamon

I pay £5 a month for my Apple Watch plan with EE
Thanks, I've just found somewhere on Vodafone that states it costs £7 and O2 show the breakdown if you purchase the Watch with them as £5 for data plan and the balance for the Watch. My sim is currently with Three and in contract until early December so I know I'll need to change unless they offer eSim soon! Hopefully I'll get a good deal in the Black Friday offers :).

sheffsteel

Hi, just some advice re watch plans please. I'm considering buying my first smartwatch (Apple Watch SE cellular version).

As I understand it BT do not support Apple Watch but my iPhone is with BT. Can I still get a watch plan with another provider or does it have to be linked to my iPhone contract?

Apologies if a silly question but haven't a clue about this. Thank you.
I‘m also in a similar situation. Currently with Virginmobile sim only which expires in November20.
I’m thinking about getting the Watch SE cellular but I’m dismayed how it’s so difficult to find a tariff Price regards the Apple Watch.

The prices are hidden inside the purchase price.
Seems to be £5 per month for O2 and £10 per month for EE
but they charge slightly more (£30) for the watch compared with buying at the Apple store....I suppose it’s a type of interest charge.

The Dark Horse

I‘m also in a similar situation. Currently with Virginmobile sim only which expires in November20.
I’m thinking about getting the Watch SE cellular but I’m dismayed how it’s so difficult to find a tariff Price regards the Apple Watch.

The prices are hidden inside the purchase price.
Seems to be £5 per month for O2 and £10 per month for EE
but they charge slightly more (£30) for the watch compared with buying at the Apple store....I suppose it’s a type of interest charge.
I might look into moving to EE from BT as I'm also on a sim only deal

colcraig72

On EE you can have one with a different number to your mobile £22 per month and £30 upfront for the Watch SE 44mm for 2 years.

cashlessbond

With o2 if you have an o2 sim in your phone and go into the watch app on your iPhone under mobile data there will be a link to the page on o2 that will tell you it’s £5 to add the watch to your account.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom