Help with cellular plan for Apple Watch

Veni Vidi Vici

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, just some advice re watch plans please. I'm considering buying my first smartwatch (Apple Watch SE cellular version).

As I understand it BT do not support Apple Watch but my iPhone is with BT. Can I still get a watch plan with another provider or does it have to be linked to my iPhone contract?

Apologies if a silly question but haven't a clue about this. Thank you.

I think you are limited to EE, O2 and Vodafone. What I'd like to know is how much they charge per month, if you have it as a sim only plan and put the watch outright.

I pay £5 a month for my Apple Watch plan with EE
Thanks, I've just found somewhere on Vodafone that states it costs £7 and O2 show the breakdown if you purchase the Watch with them as £5 for data plan and the balance for the Watch. My sim is currently with Three and in contract until early December so I know I'll need to change unless they offer eSim soon! Hopefully I'll get a good deal in the Black Friday offers :).

Hi, just some advice re watch plans please. I'm considering buying my first smartwatch (Apple Watch SE cellular version).

As I understand it BT do not support Apple Watch but my iPhone is with BT. Can I still get a watch plan with another provider or does it have to be linked to my iPhone contract?

Apologies if a silly question but haven't a clue about this. Thank you.

I‘m also in a similar situation. Currently with Virginmobile sim only which expires in November20.
I’m thinking about getting the Watch SE cellular but I’m dismayed how it’s so difficult to find a tariff Price regards the Apple Watch.

The prices are hidden inside the purchase price.
Seems to be £5 per month for O2 and £10 per month for EE
but they charge slightly more (£30) for the watch compared with buying at the Apple store....I suppose it’s a type of interest charge.

I‘m also in a similar situation. Currently with Virginmobile sim only which expires in November20.
I’m thinking about getting the Watch SE cellular but I’m dismayed how it’s so difficult to find a tariff Price regards the Apple Watch.

The prices are hidden inside the purchase price.
Seems to be £5 per month for O2 and £10 per month for EE
but they charge slightly more (£30) for the watch compared with buying at the Apple store....I suppose it’s a type of interest charge.

I might look into moving to EE from BT as I'm also on a sim only deal

On EE you can have one with a different number to your mobile £22 per month and £30 upfront for the Watch SE 44mm for 2 years.

With o2 if you have an o2 sim in your phone and go into the watch app on your iPhone under mobile data there will be a link to the page on o2 that will tell you it’s £5 to add the watch to your account.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom