Help with external sound for the 49 inch 4k ultra hd 6000 series

MartinTheSwede

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is the TV:
(I'm sorry - you don't seem to have this exact TV in the states, can't find it @ usa.philips.com)

It's a 49 inch 4k ultra hd 6000 series

The stand is quite low and I've tried to contact Philips by email aswell as by phone - no luck, It's like they haven't got any support in Sweden. Last time a waited over an hour on the phone. No cue system. Terrible.

Well, here's my problem (or rather my 70 year old mom's actually). She hates the sound it delivers, I've tried all setttings and tutorials. Her room acoustics are totally OK.

She needs external speakers and my first thougt was a soundbar + a small subwoofer. However, the TV's stand is relly low so my question to Philip's support was quite easy and direct:
Where's the IR-reciever located? No mail answer for weeks. No one on the phone. No chat.

I recently spoke to a sales rep from a local firm (it's big in Sweden (netonnet)). He wasn't sure but he believed the sensor was placed close to right underneath the TV.

Smart (if it's true)

ANYWAY! :)

Does any of you guys have any tips for incresed sound quality yet the remote still working? Budget ~$200. Just wants OK sound reproduction.

I was had a brief thought of placing a pair of slim PC-speakers behind the TV with a small subwoofer.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Martin

As far as I can tell the ir sensor is bottom right with the standby led, have you thought of raising the tv a little bit to allow for a soundbar with no issues?
Go to a furniture store and have a look at floating shelves, they come in a variety of colours and you might get lucky and find some that match whatever the tv is already standing on.

As far as I can tell the ir sensor is bottom right with the standby led, have you thought of raising the tv a little bit to allow for a soundbar with no issues?
Go to a furniture store and have a look at floating shelves, they come in a variety of colours and you might get lucky and find some that match whatever the tv is already standing on.

Hey Darbo,

Thanks for input. I'll ask her but I think she'll be a litte bit resistant.

I'm going overthere for dinner on friday. Will pictures of the setup help?

Hey Darbo,

Thanks for input. I'll ask her but I think she'll be a litte bit resistant.

I'm going overthere for dinner on friday. Will pictures of the setup help?
I don't use them anymore, my Philips sits high enough for my setup buy my previous Sony benefited from it, this is what I'm talking about
If you get two you can run that cabling between them, it's pretty neat if you can find a colour that suits.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom