Quantcast

Question Help with Multi Ch Stereo on Marantz SR7012

Buttkicklover

Novice Member
Hi

I hope someone can help me. I have a Marantz SR7012, with a 7.1.4 setup.
When I play music, I usually just use stereo, but sometimes I would like to use the Multi Ch Stereo option. But since my atmos height speakers are not the same quality as my other speakers, and the ceiling is rather low, I would like to be able to not play from those when using Multi Ch Stereo.

Can anyone help me if there is a possibility to do this ?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
The smart select memories include channel levels. So you could store your normal settings in smart select 1 and then then turn the overhead channels right down, select all channel stereo and memorise it SS2.

Appropriate manual page

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Actually you might not even need to use the smart selects. If you use a dedicated device for music I believe the channel levels are saved per source, so I think you may be able to just set the music input levels and switch back and forth between stereo and all channel stereo without effecting other sources.

Buttkicklover

Novice Member
Yeah, but often I just use the built-in Spotify connect. And other times I use my turntable. So I think the smart selects are the way forward. I actually did something much like that on my NAD receiver in another room, for a little different purpose though. But still great advice :)

Top Bottom