Question Help with Multi Ch Stereo on Marantz SR7012

Buttkicklover

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I hope someone can help me. I have a Marantz SR7012, with a 7.1.4 setup.
When I play music, I usually just use stereo, but sometimes I would like to use the Multi Ch Stereo option. But since my atmos height speakers are not the same quality as my other speakers, and the ceiling is rather low, I would like to be able to not play from those when using Multi Ch Stereo.

Can anyone help me if there is a possibility to do this ?

The smart select memories include channel levels. So you could store your normal settings in smart select 1 and then then turn the overhead channels right down, select all channel stereo and memorise it SS2.

Appropriate manual page

That’s a brilliant idea. Thanks alot for the input and the link. Much appreciated.

Actually you might not even need to use the smart selects. If you use a dedicated device for music I believe the channel levels are saved per source, so I think you may be able to just set the music input levels and switch back and forth between stereo and all channel stereo without effecting other sources.

Yeah, but often I just use the built-in Spotify connect. And other times I use my turntable. So I think the smart selects are the way forward. I actually did something much like that on my NAD receiver in another room, for a little different purpose though. But still great advice :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom