Question Help with two MS accounts please

Rustybin

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've got two MS email addresses. Let's call them Rusty1 and Rusty 2.

Rusty1 is my main MS email address. Use it for most of my correspondence etc / Office 365. It is linked to an Xbox Live Profile but that's never been used - no achievements or purchases etc.

Rusty2 was set up when I got my first Xbox360 and is linked to my Xbox Gamertag / all my purchases etc.

I want to link my Rusty2 Xbox Gamertag with my Rusty1 Email address.

The current set up is causing problems on my PC with Game Pass, as I'm logged in to my PC with one account and my Xbox App on my PC with a different account.

Is this possible?

I would assume the only way it might be possible is if you were to remove your rusty1 email from that gamertag completely, so it's no longer associated with any tag. You may need to creat another 3rd dummy email to link to that tag, unless you can just delete the tag altogether if never used...not sure if that's possible?

Once that preferred email is no longer associated with a gamertag, i would think you could log into your main tag account and edit contact details and change it's associated email to the one you want, your main one. If you tried while it was still linked to another tag it would say that and not be valid.

Not certain it would work, but don't see why not, unless an email is always linked to the first tag it was used for, even if it's later been removed from the account.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom