Herd immunity being considered again?

Hi Irongiant Sorry it's sometime since I lasted logged in. MMR yes we opted out and paid for the separate jabs for our son. Having done research it wasn't very black or white, and as we are talking our son's health, we put our money where our mouth is .
Wow, it was a while ago, thanks for the clarification.

More discussion about Sweden (and UK). Note that this is from 10 days ago, so the numbers they're discussing are way off where we are now.

Last edited:
More discussion about Sweden (and UK). Note that this is from 10 days ago, so the numbers they're discussing are way off where we are now.

Sweden deaths per million population: 233

All of Sweden's surrounding neighbours who had lockdown deaths per million
Denmark: 75
Germany: 74
Norway: 38
Estonia: 38
Finland: 36
Lithuania: 16
Poland: 15
Latvia: 7

Sweden has nearly 10 times the number of COVID-19-related deaths than its Nordic neighbors. Here's where it went wrong.

Sweden deaths per million population: 233

All of Sweden's surrounding neighbours who had lockdown deaths per million
Denmark: 75
Germany: 74
Norway: 38
Estonia: 38
Finland: 36
Lithuania: 16
Poland: 15
Latvia: 7

Sweden has nearly 10 times the number of COVID-19-related deaths than its Nordic neighbors. Here's where it went wrong.

I am fully aware of the figures! They are discussed in the video. I didn't post it because I agreed with it, I posted it because this is the herd immunity thread, and the guy in the video is a senior Swedish epidemiologist.

I am fully aware of the figures! They are discussed in the video. I didn't post it because I agreed with it, I posted it because this is the herd immunity thread, and the guy in the video is a senior Swedish epidemiologist.
I don't have 35 minutes to watch a video...
Also those figures I gave are the latest ones, not from 10 days ago.

I watched this last week. I think he talks a lot of sense and I agree with most of what he says.

Interesting video from the scientist .although he said Sweden does have some social distancing measures and he mentioned some schools were closed as well. So a much softer approach

The video won't play for me, but from the still photo, it looks a lot less busier than the Peterborough town centre video that was linked on here a couple of days ago!
FWIW there’s a similar segment from 15m45s on this YouTube video...

FWIW there’s a similar segment from 15m45s on this YouTube video...

Interesting stuff. Key thing for me was the Swedish doctor saying that they have realised the virus isn't going away and they just have to deal with it, or words to that effect.

Here is Neil Ferguson's interview with the same guy who interviewed the Swedish professor. I found it not quite as interesting, as it's from a position I'm more familiar with, but it's worth a listen, as this guy will have a large influence (some might say too large) on what we do next.

How densely populated is Sweden?

The average population density for Sweden is 23 inhabitants per km2.

The UK, 426 people per km², as of 2016

Could explain why Sweden infection numbers are lower.

Hardly surprising this has come to pass. What surprises me is that it took this long to weigh up the ethics 'sensibly'.

If every clinical trial involved purposely infecting the volunteers after vaccine infusion, the science would be much improved and we would stand a much better chance of finding a vaccine - and quicker!

My hat goes off to these 'soldiers' volunteering to jump out the trench and face the enemy head-on.

They could potentially be saving millions of lives.

I personally think based on the current latest guidelines, they have put the economy first and with no advice to wear face masks, only a covering in certain situations travelling to the workplace but not including the workplace, they are still following the herd immunity ideology.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom