HHD Swap ?

robinhood1701

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve a old WD My Cloud DL4100 NAS, that’s ready for replacement, I’m looking at a QNAP TS 453B, does anyone know, or has experience to tell me definitely if I can just remove the hdd’s from the WD and install them in the QNAP without loosing any data ?
All HDD’s are WD30EFRX in Raid 5

Last edited:
Just copy from the backups you have already made.

The drives will still be reformatted when you put it into a different nas. My suggestion is set up nas drives as JBOD & backup to external usb drives.
RAID is redundancy not backup.

As for buying a synology, be aware, that there are new synology nas's coming out soon, so perhaps the 1019 will drop in price.

after restarting the NAS and router, I've now got access back to my NAS, pls don't ask how, still trying to figure that out, as for a replacement NAS, ive got a Synology DS 1019+ coming tommorow, looked at things closer, and for the price i got it and its features, a better buy, noticed that WD stopped supporting the DL4100 over a year ago, thanks for your help chaps.

Can you tell me how much, & where you got it?

Thanks

Thanks, but I think I'll wait for the new nas's coming out soon. Hoping prices drop on older ones

Ok, it’ll be interesting to see what improvements are made, my MacBook is a bit long in the tooth, waiting to see what the rumoured new ones are like, or get a current model, with upgradable memory slots, I’ll bet Apple doesn’t include stuff like that on any upgrade ?

there are other models, this is the 4 bay "top" of the range

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom