Hi-Res audio from iPhoneX to B&W PX

dishdoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon.

Just got myself a lovely pair of B&W PX's for my up & coming holidays, and was wondering what I need to take full advantage of them. Playing tracks on tidal on my mac, connected to the PX's via usb sound breathtaking, not quite so via bluetooth from my iPhoneX, so I was wondering what I'd need to get similar sound from my iPhone.

Thanks in Advance,

Gary

You would need to use them in wired mode to get the best audio from your iPhone.
Apple unfortunately don't support apt-x in wireless mode which, in theory, is supposed to give you better sound quality via Bluetooth.

@JayCee Thanks for the reply. I understand that, I was thinking more in the way of connecting my iPhone to a aptX HD equipt DAC/Headphone amp?

Kind Regards,

Gary

Have you tried your headphones in wired mode using the iPhone's lightning to 3.5mm adapter?
It should be a stepup from using Bluetooth.
The DAC's in iPhones have a good reputation and will output CD quality.

Hi @JayCee, thanks for your reply. Yes, I have .... & it’s really impressive. I was just wondering if I could get similar performance without wires.

You would need an external DAC connected to the lightning connector with a Bluetooth apt-x transmitter.
I'll leave that for others to recommend as I've never tried one.

The OP is still limited to CD quality via the headphone output on his iPhone.
An external DAC via the lightning socket is required to play Hi-res.

As for external (MQA) DAC, Audio Affair currently sells the Meridian Explorer2 for £95.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom