His Dark Materials - Final Season 3 (Dec 2022)

Glad I watched tonights episode live today as Sports personality ran over and my recording cut off 10 minutes before the end of the episdoe.
I recorded it as well (SkyQ) and there was about 10 mins of Sports Personality at the start but it didn't miss the end.

Good episode.

I recorded it as well (SkyQ) and there was about 10 mins of Sports Personality at the start but it didn't miss the end.

Good episode.
mines just a normal sky plus box and it cut off before the end.

Huzzah!
5.1 audio, Linny-Manny AND a Polar bear!
Best episode so far, the story is really kicking into high gear now, great stuff.
i was lucky enough to be in the bar fight for that episode :) (i'm on the right)
His.Dark.Materials.S01E04.Armour.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_20.58_[2019.1...jpg
Lin was possibly the nicest actor i have ever encountered, they built the entire village for the 1 episode! 4+ months 4+ million dollars, it was amazing!

hope coulter's "thing" isn't going to be to do a stupid scream every episode from now on. that scene last ep when her and lyra were screaming on either side of the door was the most godawful cringefest I've seen.

hope coulter's "thing" isn't going to be to do a stupid scream every episode from now on. that scene last ep when her and lyra were screaming on either side of the door was the most godawful cringefest I've seen.
Ha, I was thinking similar myself.

#7: Fight to the Death

Bears were great

The ending..Its was not the welcome Lyra was hoping for! and made to feel 2nd place. :mad: :D

Enjoyed episode question. But a question

Maybe I missed something, I did rewind to check but couldn’t see anything - how did Lyra survive the fall from the balloon. At the end of episode 6 we saw her falling and then in episode 7 she was on the ground without even a scratch or a bruise

Cheers,

Nigel

as someone who's never read the books - is there any particular reason why the baddies all have daemons who don't talk? I can't recall a single one, whereas Lyra's etc barely shut up?

Enjoyed episode question. But a question

Maybe I missed something, I did rewind to check but couldn’t see anything - how did Lyra survive the fall from the balloon. At the end of episode 6 we saw her falling and then in episode 7 she was on the ground without even a scratch or a bruise

Cheers,

Nigel
This bugged me too. She was
a little bit hurt, she was holding her side for about 5 seconds... but they could have shown her land on a big pile of snow or something!

Yeah a good ending to the series.

#8 Betrayal

Yep good final, the bear battle was good against the bad guys, a tragic final.

Damn you Professor X :mad: :D

Very good, decent overall
For me the opening titles and theme music are reminscent of GOT

Who was the body lying on the top at the end? I cant recall someone dying there.

Can anyone else see dust/sparkles on dark scenes in the mountains last couple of of episodes? I never normally see it on my TV but it looks sort of deliberate, not sure if it's a processing issue or part of the show!
Never see it on other content

A very disappointing finale that added plenty to the taut final three chapters, completely killing the pace in the process. That and it didn't resemble the ’prestige' drama the BBC are going for; it looked more like an episode of Doctor Who - cheap masquerading as big budget.

Overall, the whole thing has been pretty uninspiring - some very poor casting, poor decisions re character, dodgy CGI, unnecessary additions to the story, a sometimes totally absence of logic, internal or otherwise.

I'll be interested to see final viewing figures - I know season two is in the bag but season three was always up in the air. If they do get it greenlit, they will need to up their game considerably.

Over 12 million!

Strong figures. A little disappointed with the finale but overall it's been a good adaptation.

The Subtle Knife was my favourite of the trilogy and that's up next in S2. Will take a good director to translate the imaginative landscape and creatures Pullman created in the second book for television. Giorgio di Chirico's Melancholy and the Street really covered the tone of the sequel to The Northern Lights.

adulttsk_595.jpg
adulttsk_595.jpg

Overall, the whole thing has been pretty uninspiring - some very poor casting, poor decisions re character, dodgy CGI, unnecessary additions to the story, a sometimes totally absence of logic, internal or otherwise.

Oh dear. I think its been gripping with Hollywood production values. Each to their own eh? Can't wait for series 2.

Last edited:
It is a good show and I enjoyed the initial novelty of daemons, warrior bears and the mystery of it all. But by the end of episode four I felt that I was very much watching a children’s show that I didn’t find gripping at all as an adult. Will watch the last two but not as any sort of priority.

doubt i'll bother w/ any more. finale was a bit bland, though I didn't expect the bit w/ Roger I felt Coulter's thing was just ridiculous. goes all that way w/ all that effort just to say it's not her thing and walk off. wut?
design and CGi has been stonking, acting has been acceptable to atrocious.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom