Hisense 50B7500 Returned

njr911

Established Member
Reaction score
With a bit of sadness my Hisense 7500 has gone back to John Lewis. The picture was great but the other issues just piled up -

Stutter/buffering on usb playback regardless of SSD/USB/HDD used and over multiple media that played fine on other devices
HDMI ARC not outputting DD5.1 - worked fine using optical
Freezing on apps and having to switch the TV off at the mains to get it working again
A noise that sounds like the Xbox spinning a disk, audible above the tv speakers, which I first blamed on the Xbox until i realised it was switched off.

And then there were the lip sync issues. oh boy these were infuriating. Fine on built in iPlayer app, bad on built in Prime app. Fine on Prime on a 4k firestick, bad on iplayer, plex, kodi, youtube from the same firestick. OK on NowTV stick. Horrible on the Xbox.

Hisense wanted to turn up with their screwdriver set and start replacing parts! On a 5 week old TV! I said no and John Lewis stepped in and let me return the TV for a refund.

My issue is now what to replace it with, it's a nice looking tv with a good spec and great value for money. But I think I'd need my head checking to purchase another 7500.

Any suggestions? Needs to have a central stand.

With a bit of sadness my Hisense 7500 has gone back to John Lewis. The picture was great but the other issues just piled up -

Stutter/buffering on usb playback regardless of SSD/USB/HDD used and over multiple media that played fine on other devices
HDMI ARC not outputting DD5.1 - worked fine using optical
Freezing on apps and having to switch the TV off at the mains to get it working again
A noise that sounds like the Xbox spinning a disk, audible above the tv speakers, which I first blamed on the Xbox until i realised it was switched off.

And then there were the lip sync issues. oh boy these were infuriating. Fine on built in iPlayer app, bad on built in Prime app. Fine on Prime on a 4k firestick, bad on iplayer, plex, kodi, youtube from the same firestick. OK on NowTV stick. Horrible on the Xbox.

Hisense wanted to turn up with their screwdriver set and start replacing parts! On a 5 week old TV! I said no and John Lewis stepped in and let me return the TV for a refund.

I've had the same issues with the lip sync on the Prime App although no issues with Iplayer. I do have sound going tinny on some HD channels.

I've got someone turning up tomorrow to replace parts and a speaker.

I might be asking for your advice

I did not have such problems with my 55" B7500. Lip sync can be fixed usually by changing settings : Hisense 55B7500 - Best Bang for the Buck - Settings / Custom Dolby Vision / Lip sync / All Problems

Maybe you got a faulty TV set with multiple problems or processor problems ?
The 55" and 65" have a brighter panel.

You can simply wait for the next generation : Hisense previews new Quantum Dot ULED TVs coming to the UK in 2020

U8QFTUK
U7QFTUK

A7500FTUK

I've got the same TV as you, great picture but have some sound issues, lipsync and on live HD channels. Hopefully it's just the processor that they're replacing

As you can see mine had many issues.

I wasn't able to change the settings to correct the sync issues as it was out of sync at different degrees on different inputs.

I was firm with John Lewis and said I wasnlt having anyone crack open a 5 week old tv on my lounge carpet adn I would be taking it to the tip rather than have this happen.

The Samsung which replaced it has been faultless, UI much better than Hisense, built in apps choice is better (Apple TV and NowTV)

Change of board and speaker didn't make any difference and the sound issues returned.

Weirdly enough clearing the cache seemed to work this morning (when the sound was playing up). Not sure how long this will do this for?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom