Question Hisense 50H8G with Windows 10

jkimrey

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just got a Hisense 50H8G and I'm trying to get HDR/Dolby Vision working on my Windows 10.

I have my computer HDMI out going through my Sony STR-D1080 into the TV.

My graphics card is a nVidia 1080.

When I click the HDR slider in Windows settings, it briefly turns on then the screen flickers with green lines and it turns back off.

I have the input on the TV (HDMI 4) set to enhanced and on "game" mode.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Don't use Windows HDR it's buggy and ruins image quality.

Your Nvidia GPU must pass HDR resolutions that the Sony D1080 supports, also your Sony needs to be set to enhanced on its HDMI signal format.

Complicating matters Nvidia do not support 10-bit over HDMI leaving only 8-bit or 12-bit output.

Go into the NV control panel resolution section, under colour settings try selecting YCC 422 and see if 12-bit becomes an option as well.

If you want to play HDR videos an option is Kodi Matrix a custom fork of Kodi with HDR support, the next version of Kodi v19 will no longer need this but for now Matrix can activate HDR output on videos.

The nVidia control panel changes below solved the issue.

Thank you so much - it was driving me crazy!

Thanks again!

Don't use Windows HDR it's buggy and ruins image quality.

Your Nvidia GPU must pass HDR resolutions that the Sony D1080 supports, also your Sony needs to be set to enhanced on its HDMI signal format.

Complicating matters Nvidia do not support 10-bit over HDMI leaving only 8-bit or 12-bit output.

Go into the NV control panel resolution section, under colour settings try selecting YCC 422 and see if 12-bit becomes an option as well.

If you want to play HDR videos an option is Kodi Matrix a custom fork of Kodi with HDR support, the next version of Kodi v19 will no longer need this but for now Matrix can activate HDR output on videos.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom