HiSense 55AE7400FTUK vs H55U7BUK

ntom

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can anyone offer any insight as to which might be better for my use?

Both are the same price at the moment at £449 once the current cashback offer on the AE7400 is factored in. It's pretty much impossible at the moment to see either of these in the flesh to compare.

The U7B is edge lit whereas the AE7400 is back lit. How will this difference manifest itself? Other than this, one features Dolby Atmos the other DTS:X, neither of which will matter to me much. The HiSense website doesn't give much away in terms of detailed specs so other than the abve it's difficult to ascertain more.

This screen will be wall mounted away from direct reflections. Most viewing will be SD / HD Freeview, so best upscaler is important, though a UHD BluRay will follow eventually. Ethernet connected. Sound is routed via Cambridge 751 cinema amp.

If anyone has either of these I'd love to read opinions, or suggestions for alternative buys given the above.

Was also looking at the specs of the TCL 55C715K which is the same price but adds HDR 10+. All 3 would come with 5 or 6 year warranty.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Software on the H55U7BUK is terrible - an EPG that intermittently freezes for a few seconds, lip sync that changes based on picture resolution and mode so needs constant tweaking (this is via optical out, haven't tried HDMI), and now I've been getting a 'Pre-cert, not for production' banner in iPlayer for the last few days. Personally I won't be buying Hisense again.

That sounds really irritating.
Anyone have the 55AE7400FT?

I have one the picture is mint. I upgraded from a 2017 Sony HDR TV and this TV has a much better HDR than that. Colours are superb. Even though it's an 8 bit panel pS4 pro games forces it even higher.
IMG_20200716_131806.jpg

I have one the picture is mint. I upgraded from a 2017 Sony HDR TV and this TV has a much better HDR than that. Colours are superb. Even though it's an 8 bit panel pS4 pro games forces it even higher.View attachment 1335970
Sorry to hijack the thread, but does the 7400 allow you to connect to Bluetooth headphones? I'm looking for a bedroom TV, Bluetooth audio out would be essential.

It's connects to Bluetooth speakers so I assume it's possible. I'll try tomorrow 👍
It's connects to Bluetooth speakers so I assume it's possible. I'll try tomorrow 👍
Hi Mjarmo, As you've had the 55AE7400 for a while, any issues with closing the battery cover on the Remote. Just posted a question on the forum for our 50" model and frustrating experience with the afore mentioned cover. Any advice would save our sanity !!
thanks

Hi Mjarmo, As you've had the 55AE7400 for a while, any issues with closing the battery cover on the Remote. Just posted a question on the forum for our 50" model and frustrating experience with the afore mentioned cover. Any advice would save our sanity !!
thanks
Bluetooth headphones work no problem

Attachments

• IMG_20200825_081430.jpg
    IMG_20200825_081430.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 155

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom