Hisense A6200 (H50A6200UK) Review & Comments

Having purchased the 65N6800 which was given 8/10 I wouldn't ever factor in a review here again in a purchase of a TV.

Hisense clearly cherry pick TVs for reviews and some how they score highly here despite massive issues with very cheap quality panels.

I've had 7 of these N6800 TVs now and all have had really really bad issues with banding or horrendous light bleed, not to mention the 5 K700 I had previously which all either failed or came with a lot of panel problems as well.

Save a little extra and get a branded TV, Hisense just make garbage.

A 200 nit TV with no dimming is now HDR capable, congrats.

Having purchased the 65N6800 which was given 8/10 I wouldn't ever factor in a review here again in a purchase of a TV.

Hisense clearly cherry pick TVs for reviews and some how they score highly here despite massive issues with very cheap quality panels.

I've had 7 of these N6800 TVs now and all have had really really bad issues with banding or horrendous light bleed, not to mention the 5 K700 I had previously which all either failed or came with a lot of panel problems as well.

What do you expect for £379 :rotfl::facepalm:

Great review for a budget set Steve, nice to see that this end of the market is not forgotten as not everyone has mega bucks to spend or maybe needs a decent tv for use in a second or third choice venue in the home.

I need a new tv for use in my home cinema/study environment as a pc monitor/ occasional casual streaming of 4k material and don't want to spend a fortune, in fact the 43" size of this model will suit me even better as it will be sited just below my fixed projector screen. I am certainly looking at the 6100 model in the upcoming black Friday sales at around the expected price of £279 what's not to like.:)

Does anybody know what the US model number would be? Just visited by brother in law who has a 10 year old TV and wont stump up the money for anything other than a budget model, so i would like to get him to look at a couple and would put this on the shortlist.

If they are cherry picking then it's only going to hurt them when people get panels that don't perform as the reviews suggest.

I'm curious why, after 5 K700s you bought the N6800? And then had the N6800 replaced 6 times rather than asking for a refund after say 2 or 3? I admire your persistence but it seems a bit crazy o_O

Anyway it was a good review and it looks like a really solid budget set. No one on this site would seriously expect HDR performance from a 400 quid set.
If I was in the market it would very high up on my list.
At the very least I hope it spurs other manufacturers into upping their game.

Last edited:
Can somebody please let me know the difference between 6100 and 6200? I am not able to find 6200 in many stores

I think Steve said they are essentially the same but single band wi-fi rather than dual band.

"At £379 it's hard to think of another TV that comes close in terms performance and value when compared to the H50A6200. In fact the most likely candidate is from Hisense itself, in the shape of the AE6100. This limited edition Black Friday special is essentially the same TV as the A6200, with the only real difference being single rather than dual-band Wi-Fi."

The 6100 is a Black Friday special so probably not available till then.

Given how the review sample was delivered, that’s quite the slight of hand from Hisense if it was cherrypicked.

This forum has some members who will clearly go to their graves believing that review samples are cherrypicked by manufacturers. I myself tend to go by the words of the AVForum reviewers who say that as far as they are aware, review samples are not cherrypicked.

I tend to believe these guys too, however I dont know why its so hard to believe these are not cherry picked, they come direct from the manufacturer and not from a shop, it would be very easy for HISENSE to have a batch made, calibrated and then boxed specifically for reviewers.

if anyone thinks they would not or could not do this then you're sadly deluded i'm afraid, this is how they compete these days.

I tend to believe these guys too, however I dont know why its so hard to believe these are not cherry picked, they come direct from the manufacturer and not from a shop, it would be very easy for HISENSE to have a batch made, calibrated and then boxed specifically for reviewers.

if anyone thinks they would not or could not do this then you're sadly deluded i'm afraid, this is how they compete these days.

They could but how many sub 400 quid TVs has any review site has been able to calibrate to those levels of accuracy? Even if it wasn't accurate out of the box and they were able to get to those levels after calibration it would still be a good buy.

I dont honestly know, what I do know though is that most TV's which are capable of those numbers dont come out of the factory looking like that.

We'll no doubt see how accurate this is when they start selling in numbers

for another example of this check out the perfect panel AVF got for the Q9F compared to the shop purchased panel RTINGS got, direct from the factory almost perfectly calibrated, from the shop.. not so much.

If its too good to be true it usually is.....Just sayin....

:)

I dont honestly know, what I do know though is that most TV's which are capable of those numbers dont come out of the factory looking like that.

We'll no doubt see how accurate this is when they start selling in numbers

for another example of this check out the perfect panel AVF got for the Q9F compared to the shop purchased panel RTINGS got, direct from the factory almost perfectly calibrated, from the shop.. not so much.

If its too good to be true it usually is.....Just sayin....

:)

Do you have any evidence that this is the case, or are you guessing?
I have evidence that retail samples, (that's TVs sent by a retailer as you would buy it, not a demo TV, a sealed unit) - and TVs we have purchased ourselves have performed the same as samples sent to us by manufacturers. Steve also calibrates for a living and can reel off plenty of examples of his clients TVs also being just as accurate out of the box.
Now, these are mass produced items and there will be variance between units, but given the steps we have taken by sourcing samples from every possible outlet and checking these results, mixed with, in the field examples, I see no evidence that most manufacturers send out cherry picked samples every time they send a TV for review. I'm happy to reconsider if you can provide me with evidence to the contrary? This TV arrived as a retail sample would according to Steve, so I also don't think Hisense would stoop so low to place a £400 golden sample in for review. They'll sell loads at this price without employing such motives.

Sorry but I just cant help being a cynical about big manufacturers, you only need to look at the bull samsung has pumped out over the last couple of years to try and compete with OLED when they knew they had massively inferior TV's, they've only caught up a bit now as they redeployed local dimming and full arrays.

Like I said I tend to believe you when you say its not cherry picked and I am 100% sure that if you thought it was you'd be crying fowl but you could still be wrong.

i'm not suggesting foul play at all at your end, I wouldn't dream of it, its pretty clear in your pods that you are all really genuine guys who enjoy what you do and want to give the best and most accurate reviews you can.

you do have to admit though that sealed means nothing Phil and business is business, there is very little a company wont do thats legal to get ahead.

I hope that all the TV's are like this Phil, I posted the review to my Dad who is currently looking for a new TV with the caveat of being one review on one TV and that he'd better wait to see what else comes in as this is far too good to be true.

Great review Steve, i have the 65 inch version of this as a replacement from hisense after my older hisense started playing up..nice to see such a positive review, and I'm very happy with the tv.

I bought a 43" Hisense TV for my mother-in-law, the SDR picture was incredible out of the box just as Steve says. Unfortunately, the remote receiver (sensor) in the TV packed up during the first day so it had to go back. So I can well believe that they have excellent (for the price) SDR 4k pictures but the build quality has issues!

Hisense A6200 Review | Trusted Reviews

didnt know Steve was also reviewing for TR or is this a different Steve?

The AVF is far more indepth though.
Same Steve. I'm freelance these days, so I write for Trusted Reviews, Tech Radar, Pocket-lint, WIRED and Home Cinema Choice, as well as AVForums. As you point out the AVF reviews are a lot more in-depth, but then the AV enthusiast is a lot more demanding.

we are, AVF is still my first choice and will likely remain so, although I cant find another review anywhere of this TV which isnt yours :)

I believe why this review has yet again got some avforums users frustrated is because we have a very high review score of 9 and a avforums Best Buy Award when clearly the TV has performance issues, which the reviewer is considering "acceptable" given the sets very low price.

However, I thought after the Samsung review incident avforums had announced a change in review policy, and had planned to introduce different classes to help categorise reviews and provide better context around a given score, this it seems has not to happen here, and so we have a set with a score of 9.

If, as I thought was going to a happen, this set has been put into the "budget class" by avforums, then it would be competing in that class, and it's score of 9 would be relative to other scores in that class, but it has not, even the avforums Best Buy Award does not say avforums "Best Buy Award, Budget Class"... that's all that needs to happen, and what I what was being introduced?

It's simple...
Budget Class
Flagship Class
OLED Class
etc...

I thought that was where we were headed?

the 9 score has been set as a relative score to other tvs at this price range, I see no problem here at all mate.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom