Hisense announces UK's first Roku TV - news discussion

Read a book???

You're fired!!!

Long as IPTV works from the internal app as more of us are moving into that arena nowadays...it would be interesting.
I have a Hisense and there app store basically sucks lemons :D

The Roku interface is so out of date. Wouldn't be my first choice.

The Roku interface is so out of date. Wouldn't be my first choice.
Its really not. I have a Roku TV and its by far the best smart TV there is. About time they made it to the UK.

Its really not. I have a Roku TV and its by far the best smart TV there is. About time they made it to the UK.
The issue is that for most people it is far better to spend £50 less on a TV - make it 'dumb' - and use an additional media player. Chromecast Ultras are £40 or so now - NowTV's 4k box is £15 or probably being given away with a cereal box or something... The Xbox One S is down to £100 or so second hand which for a 4k blu-ray player and all round excellent media device is very compelling when purchasing a new TV.

The issue is that for most people it is far better to spend £50 less on a TV - make it 'dumb' - and use an additional media player. Chromecast Ultras are £40 or so now - NowTV's 4k box is £15 or probably being given away with a cereal box or something... The Xbox One S is down to £100 or so second hand which for a 4k blu-ray player and all round excellent media device is very compelling when purchasing a new TV.
I agree, but it won't happen. Smart TVs sell and whilst they are better than they used to be, tend to be more buggy.

Its only a good thing that they have paired up with Roku though, it will mean the smart platform is better.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom