Hisense H50B7500UK - HDR Picture Settings?

Bruiserboy1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I have had my Hisense H50B7500UK for a couple of weeks now. Very happy with the picture quality and functionality except when usimg HDR.

When I play programmes/films in Dolby Vision I only get access in the picture settings menu to Dolby Vision bright or dark. I cant access any other picture settings and the picture is pretty poor. Anyone else have this issue?

Also the sound through my soundbar using Netflix is very poor compared to all other Apps I use like Prime Video or YouTube. I have to switch the sound to stereo on the soundbar to improve it.

Does anyone else experience these issues? Am I doing something wrong, is there a work around to gain access to the expert picture settings on films in Dolby Vision apart from Dolby Vision bright/dark?

Last edited:
Just bought this tv in 55”,can you turn off all the noise reduction and motion features in Dolby vision mode or are the all on by default
Cheers,
Pointless having Dolby if you can’t set it to your preferred viewing

Just bought this tv in 55”,can you turn off all the noise reduction and motion features in Dolby vision mode or are the all on by default
Cheers,
Pointless having Dolby if you can’t set it to your preferred viewing

I can adjust picture settings when films are in HDR mode (eg on iplayer, Prime Video), just not those in Dolby Vision, then the Dolby Vision menu kicks in and blocks those other picture settings so essentially anything on Netflix.

So I cant actually tell you what those settings are on in Dolby Vision as I cant even look at them!

I have adjusted those settings on HDR mode and applied to all sources. Not sure if that achieved anything but the picture seems much improved on Netflix in Dolby Vision mode but I would still like direct access to them on Netflix!

I’ll be hooking my xb1x upto it as it supports Dolby vision so when I get it today(Xbox) I’ll test and see if I can tweak,all the motion and noise reduction settings are something I turn off immediately
Cheers for the reply

I’ll be hooking my xb1x upto it as it supports Dolby vision so when I get it today(Xbox) I’ll test and see if I can tweak,all the motion and noise reduction settings are something I turn off immediately
Cheers for the reply

Me too, all those settings are off and the picture is brilliant apart from Dolby Vision programmes on Netflix. Interested to hear if you can adjust picture setting in Dolby Vision when in game mode, I dont have an Xbox so cant test it.

Googled the problem and others have reported same issue on different models, software update sorted it for someone at this link but I am running latest firmware. I have phoned Hisense who have escalated this, awaiting reply.

Last edited:
See link below, post #20 and #24, others have been reporting the same issue with Dolby Vision lack of adjustment as me. Seems it has been solved in US with Software download

I’ll update if I can tweak Xbox,but hopefully if not then we all get the update my update yesterday was to the K0117 version

Yea I turned tv on and was prompted to update on tuesday or Wednesday
I have the 55”

Hi all. Well I finally just received a response back from Hisense and I have posted it below. I now know this is not an issue just with my TV and a few others!

"We have raised with our head office to get this quality of life improvement added to amend the picture settings. This will be purchased out to via an update, we currently have not ETA on the update. "

Is the any update to this. Getting the same issue with Dolby vision on pretty much everything on firestick.
Cheers

I'm still awaiting on a update but hisense France website doesn't seem to supply updates anymore

As for audio set TV sound settings to Dolby for Netflix as I found pcm and pass through sound bad on Netflix for whatever reason

Is there a film screen protector applied out of the box?

just got this tv and it's all good apart from the dolby vision mode. has anyone found a way to disable it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom